Search for content in message boards

Uncle

Posted: 25 Jul 2002 1:54AM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for my uncle's relatives,.
Vernon Fischer born in st Louis Mo.1910-1912. DIED 1970?
Married to Maria. lived in Pontiac?, for a long time.

Re: Fischer

Fred Pickhardt (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jul 2002 12:07PM GMT
Surnames: Fischer, Pickhardt
My G Grandfather August Fischer had a brother, William Fischer B: about 1872 in Krefeld, Germany. D: Jun 4, 1951 in Paterson, NJ. Married Mary Schneider (lived at 157 Montgomery Place, Paterson, NJ. They had at least one child:Frances Fischer

August also had a son, August Jr>
August Fischer, Jr. B: Jun 26, 1896 in Paterson and later lived in Hawthorne, NJ.

August married Selma Kabbel.
Children: August J. Fischer III moved to Rolla, MO but not sure when.

Posted: 18 Mar 2003 4:20AM GMT
Edited: 9 May 2003 3:46AM GMT
Surnames: Kabbel
Selma Kabbel may be my wife's mother's cousin. Is she the daughter of Carl Kabbel and Freida Harnisch? These were my wife's great uncle and great aunt. Carl and Freida lived in NJ in 1910 and 1920. We believe Carl came from East Prussia (now Lithuania). Any information you have on Selma Kabbel would be appreciated if she is related to Carl and Freida. Thanks for your help.

Re: Uncle

Posted: 24 Jun 2003 8:02PM GMT
Surnames: Fischer
Joseph:

In your family tree, is there any relation to the Adolph Fischer with the Haymarket Tragedy?

Kim

Carol Kabbel (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jul 2003 4:18AM GMT
Fred and I just received you letter about the Kabbel/Kebbel family. We are the grandchildren of Hugh Kabbel, brother of Selma Kabbel. Selma and Gus (August Fischer) has one son, I have not been able to obtain his name as yet. You have more info than we have regarding Karl and Emilia (Krapat) Kabbel. This is wonderful! We were not aware that Karl had a brother. Please feel free to email us. Please note that Hugh had three wifes, not two! We are the offspring of his first wife, Hazel Velma Sammis. Frieda Flack and her sister, Hazel Flack, married Hugh after Hazel Sammis died.

Posted: 9 Sep 2004 3:26PM GMT
Edited: 9 Sep 2004 7:33PM GMT
Surnames: Fischer, Fisher
We have an August Fischer (Fisher) in our line, born abt 1867 in either NY or NJ depending on which census records you look at. He was the son of Louis and mother Julia (Juliana). He worked in the silk mills of Paterson, NJ.

Is this your relative?

I am trying to find the lineage back to Alsace Lorraine and am having difficulty.

It appears they came to the UF out of LeHarve March 28, 1867 on the ship Astrides to NY.

Can anyone supply any more information on this family?

al (View posts)
Posted: 9 Sep 2004 5:53PM GMT
Where are your Fischer line from in Alsace? Mine were from Obersteinbach... email me at throwaway@arias.net ..

Thanks,

Al

Posted: 3 Jul 2008 3:02PM GMT
Hello: My husbands Grandfather was Hugo Kabbel, brother of Selma Kabbel and the son of Carl Kabbel. I have just obtained the marriage cert. of Albert Kebbel, brother of Carl Kabbel, to Augusta Winnat from Brooklyn, NY. Have info on Albert and Carl's parents, also have BC for Selma Kabbel. Please feel free to contact me.

Re: Kabbel/Kebbel family

Posted: 28 Aug 2008 9:35PM GMT
I just btained a ship manifest for a Wilholm Kebbel, 19 yrs old, arriving in NY April 27, 1901 from Hamburg. Going to his brother, Karl Kebbel, Brooklyn NY. Karl and Albert Kabbel are brothers, however it is not clear if Wilholm is their brother or their father's brother, as he is also named Karl Kabbel. Family surname has changed over the years, Albert is Kebbel and Karl is Kabbel. Have BC for the children of Karl showing the surname as Kaebbel, from NJ, NY and PA. Also found Auguste Kebbel 18 yrs travling from Hamburg and arriving Sept 18, 1908, also going to his brother, Karl. Albert arrived November 30, 1912 from Hamburg on the Pennsylvania but was going to see his father, Karl Kebbel. they may also be a sister named Emma. anyone with connections to this family? all inquiries are welcome. Have much more info on the spouses, residencies and children.

Re: Kabbel/Kebbel family

Posted: 1 Sep 2008 1:33AM GMT
Surnames: Speechly,Robbins,Fischer
To Whom It May Concern,

The only Fischer Family I have in my tree is Irene Elizabeth Freda Ribbons nee
Speechley, who married to Leopold Markus Fischer. They have 4 children this
marriage, and Leopold has two step children by Irene first husband Henry
Noel Ribbons, who has since past on. Irene Elizabeth Fischer is my aunty.
Irene's twin brothers were Leslie James and Victor Albert Speechley. Their
parents were Ada and Daniel Speechly, but Irene's mother Ada died 10 days
after her twin sons were born. Can you shed any light, on this family as I
my self is also searching so I can finish my family tree.

Irene Elizabeth Freda Speechley
b: 19 May 1897 in Poona, India
d: ??

1st marriage to Henry Norman Winter Robbins
m: 04 July 1917 in Bhusawal, India

children
Harold Noel Robbins
Ashley Carlisle Robbins

Irene's 2nd marriage to Leopold Markus Fischer
b: 16 April 1881 in Adasztevel, Hungary
d: 16 October 1970 in Bombay , India

children