Search for content in message boards

CEMETERIES NEAR GRAETTINGER

CEMETERIES NEAR GRAETTINGER

Posted: 15 Oct 2003 2:22AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CHRISTENSEN
If you were Norwegian and died in Graettinger in the early 1900's, what cemetery would you most likely be buried in? Also, if you died in Rodham, what cemetery would you most likely be buried in? Searching for 2 Christensen babies. Any help appreciated.

Re: CEMETERIES NEAR GRAETTINGER

Posted: 21 Oct 2003 12:55PM GMT
Edited: 28 Nov 2004 11:02PM GMT
Surnames: Christensen
Most Likely would be buried in Valley View Cemetery in Graettinger, if they were buried near Graettinger. What were there parents name and maybe I can find them that way?

gwen sackrison (View posts)
Posted: 10 Nov 2003 7:29PM GMT
Surnames: Wicks-Svelland
Could someone look up to see if there at Wicks buried near Graettinger..Looking for Ole born 1852 in Norway or son Carl.. wife may be Hilda but she could be 2nd wife.Ole came to US 188?

Posted: 12 Nov 2003 1:21PM GMT
Surnames: Wicks
Ole J Wicks, his wife Hilda, his son Carl and Carl's wife Nellie are all buried in Valley View Cemetery, Graettinger, Iowa.

Posted: 27 Nov 2003 8:57AM GMT
Edited: 25 Mar 2005 2:29AM GMT
Surnames: Bryant, Cripps, Belding, Stevens, McCollister
Where did they bury the dead from the Palo Alto County Poor Farm? I am looking for Luelza L. Bryant. Any help is appreciated. Thank you. Brenda

MM (View posts)
Posted: 22 Apr 2004 4:56PM GMT
Surnames: MICHAEL - HOISINGTON
Hello,
Was wondering if perhaps someone could do a look up for me ? I'm looking for the cemetery in which my great-grandparents are buried in , the obit for my grandmother just states Grattinger, Iowa.
Mary J. (Hoisington) Michael d. March 27, 1938
Jonathan Michael d. September 27, 1933
There might also be other Michael's or Hoisington's buried with them. Please note I have come across Jon's named spelled numerous ways as well as Michael being Michaels & Mikels. Hoisington has various spellings as well Housington or Horsington.
Any information on this family would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Posted: 3 May 2004 5:09PM GMT
They are buried in Valley View Cemetery which is located about a mile east of Graettinger.

MM (View posts)
Posted: 3 May 2004 7:43PM GMT
Surnames: Michael - Hoisington
Thank you ! Do you know of anyone in the area that would be willing to take digital photos of their headstone ?

Posted: 3 Aug 2004 3:48PM GMT
Roger Thorson - I was wondering if you can find the birth and death dates for Ole J. Wicks, Wife Hilda, son Carl & his wife Nellie buried in Valley View Cemetery. Thank you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions