Search for content in message boards

THE WATKINS FAMILY OF JOHNSTON COUNTY, NC

THE WATKINS FAMILY OF JOHNSTON COUNTY, NC

Raymond M. Watkins (View posts)
Posted: 31 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WATKINS, JOHNSON, GODWIN, BATEMAN, KIRBY, NARRON, JOHNSON, PEARCE, EVANS
I am a descendant of James and Ann Watkins of Johnston County, North Carolina. James was born about 1750 and died in October or November of 1801.

I will be happy to swap information. Our family is a large one! Humorously, I tell everyone that we truly are "Watkins Products!"

Raymond Watkins
South Carolina

Johnson/Wood Famil-Johnston Co

Elizabeth Bodner (View posts)
Posted: 4 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Johnson, Wood
Searching for relatives of Victoria Johnson Wood & Percy L. Wood. Percy Wood died aprox 1950. Members of Zion Methodist Church, buried there. Children: Lee, Robert (Otto), Helen, Mae & Sherwood.

Johnson/Wood Families

Elizabeth Bodner (View posts)
Posted: 11 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Johnson, Wood
Beginning search and hit deadend. Any Johnson/Wood searches please contact me. Know of grandfather Percy Lafayette Wood and Victoria Johnson Wood. Attended Zion Methodist Church. Any leads would be appreciated. avmedia@worldnet.att.net

Johnson and Pearse names?

marsha (View posts)
Posted: 11 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Johnson, Pearse, Hamilton, Morgan
I noticed your surnames and thought you might check if you have the following from Johnson County.
Lucy Johnson married James Morgan gave birth to George Morgan in 1851
Chloe Pearse b. 1777 father Phillip Pearse m. John Hamilton
Thanks
Marsha

watkins family

angela beeker (View posts)
Posted: 18 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: watkins

I am looking for information about James Watkins born abt 1840 married to Martha Adams. I believe both were from Johnston county and then moved to Wake county,where they had William Turner Watkins b.1880.

Re: THE WATKINS FAMILY OF JOHNSTON COUNTY, NC

Posted: 30 Sep 2002 1:41AM GMT
Surnames: Watkins/Godwin/Humphreys/Umphress
Raymond, do you have any info on James Watkins, son of Allen Watkins and Rhoda Godwin of Johnston County, NC? Allen Watkins was on the Johnston County Census of 1810 . I am trying to link James Watkins with the Humphreys/Umphress family of Kershaw County, SC. James, son of Allen Watkins, was a nephew of Amos Watkins of Kershaw County.

Jodi Killeen

Cheryl watkins Grahm (View posts)
Posted: 21 Aug 2004 6:16AM GMT
I am related to this line.

Gail Hopkins (View posts)
Posted: 21 Aug 2004 5:26PM GMT
Surnames: Spivey, Thornton , Sasser, Raynor, Talton, Ballance,Toler,Langley, Ingram,Tart,
Hello, does anyone know of an Insel Thomas Watkins he married May 31, 1823 Betheny ( Thena / Fanny ) Ballance. They lived in Johnston co. NC/ Daughter Margaret ( Peggy ) Watkins m. Richard Dixon Spivey in Johnston co. NC about 1850? Just found out she is my gggrandmother.
Gail

Gail Hopkins (View posts)
Posted: 21 Aug 2004 5:37PM GMT
Surnames: Ballance, Slaughter, Watkins, Talton , Spivey, Toler, Raynor, Thornton, Sasser
Hi, just found out related to Watkins of JOhnston co. NC. I am trying to find Insel Thomas Watkins who m. Fanny Ballance. They lived in Johnston co. , daughter Peggy "margaret Watkins m. Richard Dixon Spivey. Trying to find Ballance, Watkins, AND Slaughter who is tied into this family ? Any idea where Watkins came to Ameriaca ?
Thanks ,
Gail

Posted: 21 Aug 2004 6:01PM GMT
Edited: 17 Mar 2006 11:17PM GMT
Cheryl, thanks for responding to my message. I am searching for information on James Watkins, son of Allen Watkins and his wife Rhoda Godwin of Johnston County, NC. I am trying to prove Humphries family "hearsay" that James Watkins had a daughter named Sarah who married Nathan Humphries/Umfress. Do you have any information on those families? Sarah was born 1827, Kershaw County, SC, and d. bef 8 Jun 1880, prob Kershaw County. She is buried at Ebenezer UMC, Rabon's Crossroads, Kershaw County, SC. Sarah's husband, Nathan Humphries, d. aft 25 Feb 1885, and is also buried at Ebenezer.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions