Search for content in message boards

W & D Downey London and New Castle on Tyne

W & D Downey London and New Castle on Tyne

Posted: 22 Apr 2002 5:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Downey
I am seeking any information on W & D Downey, Photographers in the late 1800's. They had shops in London and New Castle. My Grand father was Daniel Russell Downey b. 1877 New Castle England

Re: W & D Downey London and New Castle on Tyne

Posted: 26 Nov 2002 5:54AM GMT
Edited: 15 Mar 2003 2:55AM GMT
Dear Mr. Parsons,
I am a decendant of W @ D Downey. My grandmother was a Downey and I have quite a bit of information ( Birth, marriage and death certificates) also different photos of the family and of course photos taken by W and D Downey. I was born in Sussex in England but now reside in California just north of San Francisco. I have been to England 3 times this year as my mother was not well but I do not expect to return until next year. Please contact me if you are interested in me sharing some of the info. that I have. Diana Koiles
rkoiles1@attbi.com

James Parsons (View posts)
Posted: 26 Nov 2002 7:02AM GMT
Dear Ms. Koiles Thank you for your reply. I would like to share information with you.
Jim

Alan Davis (View posts)
Posted: 28 May 2003 10:22AM GMT
Surnames: DOWNEY, HICKEY, ELLIS, GILBERT, WILLIAMS, LAKE
Ron
I am a decendent of a James Morris DOWNEY, b.1836 in Malworth London.
He m. Catherine Mary HICKEY (b.1835 in Limerick Ireland) in 1852 in Geelong Australia. They had 9 children.
I have not come across any other DOWNEY's from London.
If you are related or have any information on my heritage I would like to hear from you
Thank You
Alan Davis

Posted: 4 Mar 2013 11:19PM GMT
Surnames: Downey / Beloe
Hi! Judy from New Zealand,My Great Aunty was Elizabeth Smith Linton BELOE. Married Daniel Downey, his brother is William.Both Photographers.
Daniel & Elizabeth had 3 children,
Elizabeth died early.
Daniel then remarried Mary had 2 children Daniel Russell Downey & May Ethel Downey.
Mary brought up other 3 children from 1st marriage.
..Have family tree information.Love to help...JUDY NZ

Posted: 4 Mar 2013 11:19PM GMT
Surnames: Downey / Beloe
This post was deleted by the author on 17 Sep 2013 7:57AM GMT

Posted: 22 Aug 2013 5:18PM GMT
Hi, I am James Parsons, Great-grand son of Daniel R Downey and Mary Stratford. My mother had told me that her grandfather was (with his brother, William) photographer to Queen Victoria. My grandfather, Daniel came to Maryland,USA and Married Julia Adelaide Rowe. They had 4 children, Mary Adelaide, Daniel Russell, James Arthur Hope and Charlotte Patricia Downey. When my grandmother died in 1915, Aunt Mary went to live with Mary Downey in England, My mother and her brothers stayed in Maryland. My email is jim51348@gmail.com. I would like to hear from you and share any information I have.

Posted: 17 Sep 2013 7:56AM GMT
Edited: 17 Sep 2013 8:08AM GMT
Surnames: BELOE/ DOWNEY / STRATFORD
Hi Jim,
Thanks for. replying
My cousin has a Ancestry Tree & I have joined up with her as 1 large Tree.
Anne Walsh is the Tree Owner & I'm the Editor...See if you can connect
My Father was DENIS IAIN BELOE Born 1928 Pukekoe, Auckland ,New Zealand.[Search} Then
Follow the BELOE LINE up .....My Birth Name Judith Ann Maud BELOE [JUDY] Born 28 July 1950. Dunedin, Otago, South Island, NZ

Also if you see any corrections there may be, let me know..

Got NO PHOTO'S of Beloe/ Downey/ Stratford Families..Have 1 Only PHOTO of my Great Grandfather WILLIAM LINTON BELOE. Junior. ELIZABETH SMITH LINTON BELOE'S
Brother..

Would be grateful for any Photo's Of the Families Especially older Photo's.
Any Certificates would be a Bonus...
E-Mail stevephilpottbuilders@xtra.co.nz

Have A Great Day ..JUDY...WANAKA, Southern Lakes, NZ.

Posted: 21 Jan 2014 11:51PM GMT
Hi Judy, I am the Great-grand son of Daniel and Mary Stratford Downey. My Grandfather Daniel Russell Downey migrated to Maryland, USA. He married Julia Adelaide Rowe, They had 4 children, Mary Adelaide Downey m Gealor in England, Daniel Russell Downey, Arthur James Rowe Downey, and my mother Charlotte Patricia Downey m. Wagner m. Parsons. Julia Rowe Downey died in 1915, and Aunt Mary was returned to England (Mary Downey raised her), my mother and her brothers stayed in Maryland.
I believed that Daniel Downey of W&D Downey was my great-grandfather but no proof. My mother had said that her grand father was "photographer to Queen Victoria" and from the English census I saw Mary Downey Living with her mother Mary Stratford and her brother-in-law William Downey, Victoria C Downey, Step-daughter, and May Downey were also living in the household.I have more information on the descendants of Daniel Russell Downey that I will share with you, if you like. Thank you for the information you have shared. Jim

Posted: 22 Jan 2014 3:58AM GMT
Hi Jim,
Thanks For the Reply.
Like to Send you Information On The Downey & Beloe Branch & Others Of Our Tree.
Our Tree Is On Ancestry UK.

My E-Mail is
stevephilpottbuilders@xtra.co.nz..
Then we can exchange notes & postal addresses...Also other living relatives
Cheers JUDY....WANAKA. NZ
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions