Search for content in message boards

multiple spouses Must be a simole way to record

multiple spouses Must be a simole way to record

Posted: 19 Apr 2013 3:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
I posted my grandfather's first wife, no problems. When I typed in the info on the second wife, her name comes up as though she is the first spouse. Will someone please tell me how to type in multiple spouses in the correct order?

Re: multiple spouses Must be a simole way to record

Posted: 19 Apr 2013 4:31PM GMT
There's a button that allows you to change the order. Sorry but I'm away from my computer that has AFT installed on it. It's pretty obvious.

Posted: 20 Apr 2013 4:05PM GMT
It's not obvious to me - can you explain exactly where in simple terms

Posted: 26 May 2013 5:44PM GMT
Anyone?

Posted: 27 Jun 2013 11:06PM GMT
Depends on how you added the second wife. It is best to put the first wife in and then save that, then bring up the the man and edit and add another spouse. That is how I do it and it works well. Good Luck!

Posted: 28 Jun 2013 10:40PM GMT
I assume you are talking about Family Tree Maker 2012. If that is the case, there are a couple of different things you can do. When you click the PERSON tab (not link, but the tab next to the Family tab" and then click on relationships at the top you can click on the spouse (access from the husband's screen) and click on "preferred" and it will come up first each time.

The other thing you can do is on the family screen you click on the spouse icon to the right of the name in the middle of the screen and click "add spouse" to add the second wife and then "set spouse order" to add the spouses.

If you were referring to the Family tree on Ancestry.com you add a second spouse by clicking on the button that says add family member. Putting in a marriage date on Ancestry will put them in the correct order, otherwise they will be ordered by birthdate.

Hope this is helpful.

Posted: 28 Jun 2013 10:54PM GMT
Thank you, ivykeep! Adding the different marriage years works perfectly with ancestry.com. Everything is ordered correctly now.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic