Search for content in message boards

Seeking Info On Ancestor Joseph C Cole b. 1838 in New Jersey

Seeking Info On Ancestor Joseph C Cole b. 1838 in New Jersey

Posted: 7 Dec 2007 4:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Barrows, Cole, Conrad, Dilts, Shisler, Snell
I am seeking information on Joseph C. Cole b. 1838 in New Jersey. I do not have information on his parents except that they were both born in New Jersey as far as I know. Joseph married a Susan or Susannah b 1840 in Ohio. From what I found her parents were born around Virginia. I do not have their names though. Joseph and Susan(nah) had at least 5 children Ananias b. 1866, Joseph b. 1864, Sarah, George, and Julia. Ananias was born in Indiana same with his wife Viola Nancy Shisler b. 1872. There were six children in all Dessie Pearl Cole b. 1892 in Ohio, August Cole, Harvey Barrows, Charlie Cole, Clara Cole, and Eva Cole. Dessie Pearl Cole married John Leroy Dilts b. 1884. They had 17 children together with my grandfather Willard Cecil Dilts being the oldest son. He was born on August 8, 1925 in Paulding County, OH. He married twice with my grandma being his 2nd wife, Marybelle Jean Conrad (maiden name). They had 1 child together Tara Marie Dilts b. September 26, 1957 in Lansing, MI. Tara is my mother and she married my father Stephen Keith Snell on December 4, 1982. I'm Danielle Sophia Snell b. August 6, 1985 and I have 2 other sisters as well. The reason I gave you my direct link is that I was hoping something would sink in and maybe help me find information on this Cole line. Somewhere in the family we have Indian in us and we're trying to trace it. So any help what so ever would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Danielle

Re: Seeking Info On Ancestor Joseph C Cole b. 1838 in New Jersey

Posted: 8 Dec 2007 5:37PM GMT
Hi
Have you had a male relative on the Cole side give a DNA test? Here is a link that may help find a connection.
There looks like there are 3 major familys, and so far one smaller one that split up going from NY , PA , Ohio , MI, and IN, IA. you could be part of this group.
Here is a link https://www.familytreedna.com/surname_join.aspx?code=V56968&...

Posted: 8 Dec 2007 5:37PM GMT
Sorry I forgot to add NJ to that list.

Posted: 8 Dec 2007 7:10PM GMT
hi thank you for the reply. I have some cousins whose last name is Cole but mine isn't. I checked out that website you sent me and I'll give it a try. Thank you so much. I'm just not sure where to go from here. I also might contact those men and see what I can find. Have a great weekend and it was nice hearing from you.
Danielle

Posted: 19 May 2011 2:33AM GMT
Surnames: Bell Cole
Hi Danielle,
I am also a descendant of Ananias Cole. I'm looking for information on the Coles, as well. please let me know if you are still online, as i would love to talk to connect with you.

angela bell

Posted: 19 May 2011 3:38AM GMT
Hi Angela

I am still on here but not as much as I would like. I still have not found anything on Joseph's parents. It is great meeting relatives. How are you connected to Ananias if you don't mind my asking?

Danielle

Posted: 19 May 2011 12:08PM GMT
Hi Danielle,

Here is my tree:
ANNIAS AMANIAS COLE (1870 - )
is your 2nd great grandfather
REV AUGUST COLE (1895 - 1966)
Son of ANNIAS AMANIAS
LOIS MARY COLE (1916 - 1994)
Daughter of REV AUGUST
DAVID LEROY BELL (1943 - )
Son of LOIS MARY
ANGELA KAY BELL
You are the daughter of DAVID LEROY

I'm trying hard to locate info on Ananias. Of course, the spelling of his name has come up so many different ways. Do you have a middle name on him?

Ang.

Posted: 19 May 2011 2:45PM GMT
Hi Angela,

I know its hard to keep track of the spelling. August Cole was my great grandma Dessie Pearl Cole/Dilts' brother. It is said that Dessie's mom married a Pardo or was a Pardo and she did marry a Barrows. Do you have or want my direct link? My mom was Dessie's grand daughter. Ananias/Annias/Anannias (various ways to spell it) was her great grandfather. I find all this fascinating and seeing how we're all related. Feel free to e-mail me at snelld85@hotmail.com.

Danielle

Posted: 13 Apr 2012 1:31PM GMT
Joseph's parents were Jacob Cole b 1801 and Rebecca (Unknown) b abt 1809. Jacob and Rebecca's children were: Joseph, Lucretia (Lucy), Mary E, John W and Nicholas S.

Posted: 4 Mar 2014 6:58PM GMT
Hi Angela,
Call me to find out all about the family. I am a direct descendent.

Jacob Cole
Joseph
Ananias
August
DeGorda (brother of Lois)
Nick
Me - Matt Cole 937-751-7375
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions