Search for content in message boards

Joseph Patrick Connellan/Conlan/Conolon? Born in 1937?

Joseph Patrick Connellan/Conlan/Conolon? Born in 1937?

Posted: 4 Apr 2013 10:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Connellan
Hi,

I am looking for a Joseph Patrick Connellan(Conlon) - I am sorry but I am not sure of the correct spelling. He was born around 1937 and was working in Dublin in 1963. I believe he was from Sligo and was a solicitor. He knew a Joan Goss from Sheffield. His first name was Joseph but he was known by his second name Patrick.
I was told that he was an only child and that he died in 1963 or 1964 in a car accident.
Does anyone know this person or family as I would like to contact them as I may be a relative.

Re: Joseph Patrick Connellan/Conlan/Conolon? Born in 1937?

Posted: 27 May 2013 4:57AM GMT
There is only 1 person listed in the telephone book for Sligo Town, Sligo spelled Connellan. Address sufficient for mail delivery.

36 Conlons in Sligo, too many to write to. You could start with the spelling of Connellan above. You can also just write to the males listed as Conlon perhaps 10 at a time and see
what happens.

Most genealogy websites with parish records don't stretch to 1937 usually ending in 1900. The 1901/11 census won't help you either.

www.familysearch.org has civil records from 1864-1950's
No Connellan but other spellings similar

Patrick J. Conlon civil registration Jan-March, 1936
mo: Mcloughlin

There are others but this is the closest 2 +/- years.

You maybe able to get a copy of his birth certificate
from the General Registry Office www.groireland.ie
but usually it helps to have parents names, however, they will do a search around the right date.

Hopefully the bell will ring with someone related

Annette Code

Posted: 27 May 2013 10:16AM GMT
Hi Annette,
That was very kind of you to spend your time retrieving all this information.
How do I get access to the telephone book data?
The law society have replied to me and been extremely helpful he wasn't a lawyer as he wasn't registered so he may have been a legal secretary but their records only contain data regarding solicitors or lawyers. They looked at all forms of the name over several years.
I have no family that can help me with this search only a letter with scant information.

I was also told he died the year i was born but I think this may have been to stop me looking for him. He knew of my existence but his family didn't and he may have been married so I don't want to cause any distress if I write to these families. I thought of writing in the local Sligo paper something vague to see if I got any information?
It's a delicate situation.
Thank you again for your assistance.
Kind regards
Samantha Lyons

Posted: 27 May 2013 12:33PM GMT
Interesting, good luck, its tough one. Annette
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions