Search for content in message boards

Belvedere Hotel: 29 South State, SLC

Belvedere Hotel: 29 South State, SLC

L J Masters (View posts)
Posted: 11 Sep 2004 3:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Belvedere Hotel
Seeking oral history and/or memory snippets of individuals who either lived in or had some connection to the Belvedere Hotel on 29 South State Street in Salt Lake City.

Also seeking photographs of the Belvedere Hotel, the cafe, tonsorial parlor, apartment interiors or businesses in the hotel since its construction.

Thanks so much.

Re: Belvedere Hotel: 29 South State, SLC

Posted: 13 Sep 2004 11:31PM GMT
Edited: 15 Aug 2006 3:05AM GMT
L J,

You can find great black and white photos of the Belvedere Hotel (Apartments) at the Utah State Historical Society's Shipler Commercial Photographers Collection, at the following address:

http://history.utah.gov/Photos/C275/indexform.htm

Just do a keyword search for Belvedere, and it will bring up the photos of the building. One is even during it's construction.

Andy

Posted: 31 Oct 2011 2:13AM GMT
Hi LJ -

Probably not much help, but my grandmother, Edith Nicholson, worked at the Belvedere for quite some time, probably up until the mid 60s. Let me know if there is interest about her.

Thanks,
-Mark "Nick" Nicholson
nick@nicholson.net

Posted: 13 Nov 2011 8:36PM GMT
A dear cousin, Abbie Wells, lived at Belvedere I believe. We visited several times. Will be glad to continue this conversation.

Posted: 18 Feb 2013 2:02AM GMT
I have a picture of the Belvedere Hotel in SLC taken in 1964

Posted: 5 May 2013 10:17PM GMT
My aunt and uncle owned the Belvedere, Margaurite Taylor married to Charles Beck.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic