Search for content in message boards

Elizabeth Anderson Blosmoe

alice carr (View posts)
Posted: 3 Sep 2003 2:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Elizabeth Anderson was born Feb 26, 1862 at Coon Prairie, Wi. She was my great grandmother . I know she had 1 sister married to a Martin Johnson. Do not know her name or any other information.

Posted: 10 Sep 2003 10:10PM GMT
Was Elizabeth's husband Arnt BLOSMOE, from Norway, who was of Menomonie, Dunn, WI, 1880, aged 27?

Do you know when and where Elizabeth died? Her death certificate and obituary might name her parents and other family members. Do you know where she was for any of the censuses from 1870 to 1930? A census search might help.

Can you think of any other clues, such as names of Elizabeth's children?

Re: Elizabeth Anderson Blosmoe

alice carr (View posts)
Posted: 12 Sep 2003 12:59AM GMT
Elizabeth hushand wasArnt changed to Andrew Blosmoe. Her son Albert was my grandfather. I know all of the information at that time but know none of her early life. While digging I found out she had a sister. My grandfather never said anything about her family.

Posted: 12 Sep 2003 1:19PM GMT
You didn't say whether you have the obituary for Elizabeth (ANDERSON) BLOSMOE. That might have the married names of her sisters, and records on one of them might lead you to the right place in Norway. What was Elizabeth's family group in 1880?

Posted: 27 Sep 2003 2:35AM GMT
Edited: 30 Apr 2005 4:01AM GMT
Hi Alice:

I looked in the 1865 and 1801 Norway Census and found there is only one Blosmoe Farm in all of Norway, spelled Blaasmoe. The aa and o are commonly used alike.

Blaasmoe farm is in Sor Trondeland County (Amt), which is right at the point where the wider south narrows into the long handle going north.

The Clerical District (Prestegjeld) is Orkedal and the Local Parish (Sogn) is named Orkedal also.

Of course your people had all come to America before 1865 so they weren't listed in the 1865 Census. The name Arnt is attested at Blaasmoe, because in 1801 there is a Berte Arntsdatter age 20.

i strongly suspect this is where the Blosmoe people originated since it is such an unusual name. I also own a copy of the History of the Coon Prairie Church, which covers the 1862 period, but I couldn't find Elisabeth. Of course, Coon Prairie was actually quite large so they may have been to far from the Westby Viroqua area to belong to the Coon Prairie Church there.

if you have any further details like when the emigrated, or the name of Elisabeth's parents I will be glad to try to look some more. There are some emigration lists on line.

Hope this is of interest.

Richard Peterson.

alice carr (View posts)
Posted: 8 Oct 2003 12:59AM GMT
I am trying to get obituary records. I found out she had a sister on a piece of paper telling where she was to be buried. I believe she was married before and lived on Lowry hilll in Mpls. Mn. Her son was born in Mpls. They are both buried in New Haven cemetery.I think that Elizabeth was born on the kickapoo river in coon Valley Wi. That is all that I have found out.

alice carr (View posts)
Posted: 8 Oct 2003 1:08AM GMT
I am trying to get obituary records. I found out she had a sister on a piece of paper telling where she was to be buried. I believe she was married before and lived on Lowry hilll in Mpls. Mn. Her son was born in Mpls. They are both buried in New Haven cemetery.I think that Elizabeth was born on the kickapoo river in coon Valley Wi. That is all that I have found out.

alice carr (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 2004 2:04AM GMT
All that I can find out is that Elizabeth was born 2-26-1862 at Coon Prairie, Wi. She had a sister who married a Martin Johnson. I only know this about her family . Her father was from norway and lived on the kickapoo River area. She had two chidren with Jack Hennessey. These children were born in Mpls. Mn.

Posted: 20 Feb 2004 2:15AM GMT
Edited: 30 Apr 2005 4:01AM GMT
I'm sorry, but I can't find anything about Elisabeth, or a Martin Johnsen in the Coon Prairie Book. It is likely that if they lived on the Kickapoo they were to far to be active in the church, and just weren't included as they weren't well enough known.

Richard

Posted: 30 Apr 2011 2:39AM GMT
Surnames: anderson
finally found name of Elizabeth Anderson father no date just name Andrew Anderson.No name was given for her mother
per page

Find a board about a specific topic