Search for content in message boards

Caudill Family Research

Caudill Family Research

Lochlainn (View posts)
Posted: 11 Feb 2005 1:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Caudill, Yonts/Yontz/Yantz/Yonce/Janss, Jent/Gent, Wright, Bentley, Ray, Combs, Conte, Potter, Nelson, Sansom, Allen, Sanders, McBrayer, Stratton, Houston, Holbrook, Hamilton, Gilkerson, Adkins, Scotti, Shannon, MacDonald, Rucker
If you're a Caudill, if you're related to the Caudills, or are simply researching them, please email me. Would like to share genealogical information.

Lochlainn (author of "The Caudills")
countrysongwriter@comcast.net

Re: Caudill Family Research

Sue (View posts)
Posted: 27 Feb 2005 1:30PM GMT
I am a Caudill and have been researching them for the past 4 years and have some info on them i would be willing to share. What would you like to know?
Sue

ed smythe (View posts)
Posted: 1 Mar 2005 2:09AM GMT
Surnames: coddle, coddell, caudill,
I'm searching for any information on a family in Madison county, Ky. named Coddle. This family may have come from Letcher or possibly Perry county. The name is spelled as Coddell and sometimes as Caudell. This family is probably not connected to the main family of mountain Caudills but its surname ended up as Caudill or Coddle because of the way their actual name sounded. I've been able to trace back to a John Coddle born around 1820, but I have not been able to find out who his parent were. I have an idea of their background, which is very unusual, but i haven't found any mention of them. Have you ever come across anything about this family.

Caudill Family Research

Lochlainn (View posts)
Posted: 1 Mar 2005 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Caudill, Yonts/Yontz/Yantz/Yonce/Janss, Jent/Gent, Wright, Bentley, Ray, Combs, Conte, Potter, Nelson, Sansom, Allen, Sanders, McBrayer, Stratton, Houston, Holbrook, Hamilton, Gilkerson, Adkins, Scotti, Shannon, MacDonald, Rucker
Hi Ed,

If you would, please email me privately with details on the earliest members of your Coddle family. I have a huge Caudill database and am hoping I can help you.

Lochlainn (author of the book "THE CAUDILLS")
countrysongwriter@comcast.net

Posted: 2 Aug 2005 6:46PM GMT
Edited: 27 Sep 2005 1:57PM GMT
Hi Ed.
My Great Great Grandfather was John Caudle born 1818 in Madison Co. Ky.Found marriage certficate for John Coddle
Marring and Eliza Jane Agee in 1863.Were in the 1870 census with 3 children in Madison Co. Ky.In 1880 they were
living in Owen Co. Ky. with 8 children.Do you think this is the same Coddle?

ed smythe (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2005 9:57PM GMT
Hello,

This is the same John Coddle (Caudel). Do you know the father and mother of John Caudel?

Loch (View posts)
Posted: 3 Aug 2005 11:19AM GMT
Jean,

Your John Coddle is indeed a descendant of the main Caudill family out of eastern KY. I have John's family tree back to the 1500s.

His wife, Eliza Jane Agree, descends from European royalty, and so do all of her descendants. I have her family tree back to ancient times.

If you have any other questions email me directly,

Lochlainn (author of the book "The Caudills: An Etymological & Ethnological Study")

Posted: 3 Aug 2005 7:07PM GMT
Edited: 27 Sep 2005 1:57PM GMT
According to Loch the countrysongwriter.John Caudle and Susannah Thomas are John's Parents.We cannot find anything on him .I have info on John and Eliza Children if you are interested

Posted: 12 Oct 2005 4:22AM GMT
Edited: 17 Jun 2006 8:12PM GMT
Surnames: Caldwell Campbell , Maggard , Halcomb , Collier
If this is also meaning Coldwell or Caldwell can you please also send that information to me . My Grandmother was a Caldwell , daughter of John i think not sure . Her name is Martha but i have also been told she is the daughter of Samuel Caldwell and Idress Brock . It has been verified by 2 people but i would like any information you may have if you mean Coldwell or Caldwell also .. Lorene

Posted: 12 Oct 2005 1:55PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2006 1:55AM GMT
Sorry don't know of any of these names in the family.Have found the name Caudle spelled Coddle Codele Caudel on papers we have found.My Caudles were from Madison Co. and Owen Co. Ky.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions