Search for content in message boards

Patrick O'Quinn

Patrick O'Quinn

Gloria Jacksom (View posts)
Posted: 31 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: O'Quinn
I would like any information on Patrick O'Quinn born June 5,1750 and died 1806 in Johnston or Cumberland County, NC.
Posted: 7 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Jan 2004 9:15PM GMT
Gloria,

Here is an entry I found in a book I have titled Record of Estates of Johnston Co. NC 1781-1807 by Elizabeth E. Ross:

Inv. of Estate of Patrick O'Quinn, dec. Saml. Lee, Admr.
Sales of Estate of Patrick O'Quinn, dec. 16 Dec. 1805. Buyers- David Lee, Jr., Elizabeth O'Quinn, William Lee, Jr., Joseph Langston,Jr., Zachariah Lee, Levi O'Quinn, Osburn Fail, David Lee, Sr., Nancy O'Quinn, James Lee, Jr., Thomas Strickland. Feb. 1806 Saml. Lee, Admr.

Hope this helps you out.

Patrick O'QUINN

Gloria Jacksom (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: O'QUINN, SAWYER
This may be of benefit to me. Patrick had one son Wiley O'Quinn and 8 or 9 daughters. No no one knows the names of his daughters or what became of them. Patrick was born June 05, 1750 in Ireland and died in 1806.I don't know who his parents were. He may or may not have come to this country with family members. His wife's name was Elizabeth ???Maybe Sawyer. She died 1819 or 1820 in Wayne County, NC. Wiley O'Quinn came to Wythe County, VA and then moved to Buchanan County, VA.
Posted: 9 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Jan 2004 9:15PM GMT
Gloria,

Good to hear that this is helping. I missed an entry in my book titled Record of Estates of Johnston Co. NC 1808-1822 by Elizabeth E. Ross:

Account of Estate of Patrick O'Quin, dec. Lamuel Lee, Admr. 12 heirs, each share 16"5'. (no heirs named) Comm: Isaac Williams, John Lee, Nathan Allen. Feb. Court 1808.

You should also try "www.genforum.com/quinn or oquinn" and see what you can find. You can post queries and search existing queries. Good luck.
Posted: 10 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2001 3:54AM GMT
Surnames: O'QUINN, WILSON
Charity O'QUINN is my ancestor. Does she fit into the Patrick O'QUINN family?

Elder) James WILSON b 8 Sep 1807 Sampson Co NC d 1896 Wake Co NC m 19 Jan 1821 Cumberland Co NC Charity O'QUINN d bef 1850 NC. children:

a) Edwin / Edmond H. WILSON b 1832 m Mary A.

b) Allen D. WILSON b 1834 m Sophronia M. DODD

c) Martin V. WILSON b 1835 m Aramanta H. STEVENS

d) Henry WILSON b 1837 m Frances

e) James L. WILSON b 1837 m Maniza H. HAMILTON

>f) Rebecca Jane WILSON b 1840 m William R. PEACOCK

g) George S. WILSON b 1842 m Sarah Elizabeth POWELL

h) Willis J. WILSON b 1845

Family Search

B,Coates (View posts)
Posted: 29 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
I have been doing research on my maiden name O'Quinn.Trying to find Hardie b.3-1816.Had about 14 kids.During my searches I read somewhere that Charity is one of Patrick O. daughter.I'm sorry I don't know where since I didn't need that info,but if I run across it again,will be glad to let you know. Do you know anything about who I'm hunting. Thanks. B. Coates

o'quinn

tami phares (View posts)
Posted: 10 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: o'quinn, quinn

Searching for Abel O'quinn, lived in Webster springs Wv, born in possiblly Clay or Nicholas county, married Nancy Stewart, male childrens names were: Lee Alan,Ford Patrick O'quinn.

Re: Patrick O'QUINN

Posted: 16 Jun 2002 9:02AM GMT
Wiley was my G-G-Grandfather. I have quite a bit of info regarding both Patrick and Wiley at my website - www.oquin.net

Family info Link is on front page. Also have a message forum with link on front page.

Lou O'Quin

Re: Patrick O'QUINN

Becky (View posts)
Posted: 3 Nov 2003 2:48PM GMT
I have heard that my great great great grandmother was an O'Quinn before she was married. Her name was Josephine and she lived around the 1800s. Is there any possibility that she could have been Patrick's daughter? I also heard that she was an Indian maiden...could Patrick's wife have been Native American?

Re: o'quinn

Posted: 10 Mar 2013 12:49PM GMT
abel probably was the son of andrew oquinn. Andrew lived in webster co. wv for a while.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions