Search for content in message boards

On the ground research in Franklin County

On the ground research in Franklin County

Posted: 25 Nov 2012 2:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Nov 2012 2:02AM GMT
Surnames: Burtsfield, Burchfield, Jones, Barclay, Harvey
I have the ability to actually travel to Franklin County and if possible, do some research there. At least four lines of mine (Burtsfield / Burchfield, Barclay, Jones and Harvey) lived there in the late 1700s and early 1800s.

Can anyone give me any advice on when is the best time to go during the week? It would be a day trip for me and a 2 hour up drive.

I'm looking for information on John and Elizabeth (Jones) Burchfield / Burtsfield and information in Metal township on the Harvey family that lived near Fannettsburg.

Any help appreciated.

Re: On the ground research in Franklin County

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 4:31AM GMT
I would suggest you come to Franklin County when the Kittochotinny Historical Society is open. Unfortunately I do not know for sure what their hours are. I will try and remember to ask my friend tomorrow and let you know by replying here again.

Crystal

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 4:38AM GMT
Here is a link to Kittochtinny on facebook. In case you don't have facebook their phone is 717-264=1667.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Franklin-County-Historical-Soc...

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 8:26AM GMT
Hi:

You can also try the following URL for the Franklin County Historical Society - Kittochtinny. ---

http://pafch.tripod.com/ ---

The Waynesboro Historical Society has an extensive genealogical collection as well as the "Pennsylvania Room" at Waynesboro public library located about a half a block across the street.

Good luck, Jack Novicki
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions