Search for content in message boards

Benoni and Thomas WELLS

Benoni and Thomas WELLS

Posted: 1 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Jun 2004 7:58PM GMT
Surnames: WELLS, PERRINE
I am researching Benoni and Thomas Wells, and the Perrine family of Stockbridge, Berkshire County, MA

Re: Benoni and Thomas WELLS

Posted: 13 Aug 2001 12:22AM GMT
Edited: 18 Aug 2001 8:21PM GMT
Surnames: Henson, Wells, Eury, Painter
My gg-grandfather was Benoni Wells. Settled in Mercer Co, OH and Jay Co, IN. Fought in Civil War with sons John, Benoni and William. I'm still trying to locate Benoni prior to 1840 census and believe he was in another part of Ohio.

Paula (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 2001 2:49AM GMT
Surnames: Well, Baker
I have been trying to get info on a Benoni Wells from Jay County Indiana. He is listed on several court papers.....including guardenship papers. Was he a lawyer or anything like that? Did he marry anyone by the name of Rachel Walters or Rachel Baker?
The name I am researching is BAKER.....especially JAMES BAKER who died in 1872 and left 2 small children and a wife Rachel. James's parents were Stephen and Lucinda Baker. Thanks for any info you can give me....,Paula

Posted: 15 Aug 2001 5:28PM GMT
Surnames: Henson, Wells, Eury
My gg-grandfather was Benoni Wells, b. 1819. He was a farmer in Jay Co, IN. He also had a son, Benoni who was b. in 1843. I have both Benoni's military pension files, as well as census and some marriage information. I do know that Benoni Jr. was married several times, but that Benoni Sr. died a widower. I will check my files as soon as I can get to them. I will be happy to share whatever I have, and will probably be making another trip up to the Mercer Co, OH/Jay Co, IN area later this fall. You can keep in touch with me at mmlabig@aol.com

Marlene Labig

Bonnie (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 2001 8:58PM GMT
Surnames: Warner,Bassett
I have a little information on the Perrine Family. A daughter marreid into the Warner Family. Let me know if you want it.

Posted: 16 Aug 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Henson, Wells, Eury
Paula:
I have a copy of an index for the Jay County Marriage Records 1850-1920. They list two marriages for Benoni/Benonia Wells. The first is to a Rachel Baker on Apr 21, 1874. The second is to Ida R. Davis on Feb 10, 1887. Additional Jay Co. records on the second marriage state that "Bennonia" has been married 3 times, was born in Ft. Recovery, Mercer Co, OH, and resides in Dunkirk, Jay Co, IN. His father was also "Bennonia", mother not named. Although Benoni's pension records show a discrepancy in the date of birth, they do list Ida Davis as his wife in 1898 with children Troy (15), True (14), Frank (9), Daniel (7), Mary (6), Murtia (4) and Benonie (18 mo.). Are any of these the adoptions you asked about? The pension records ask about previous marriages, and he answers yes, but the name is hard to make out, but could be Josephine, died 1884.

Marlene

Posted: 3 Sep 2012 3:46AM GMT
Surnames: Baker
I know this is 11 years later from this thread, but I also am searching for info on the same James Baker. Has there been any update? I'm looking for the father of Gilbert Troy Baker, & was led to James Baker & Rachel Walters, with James passing in 1873 & Rachel marrying Benoni wells. I cannot locate her parents, & am unsure of the info I found about his parents. Just hoping to put a few more pieces together in the puzzle.

Posted: 11 Feb 2013 2:23AM GMT
I would like any infomation about the Wellls family as they are mine. My Mother was Ethel Wells. Her father was True Wells. My e-mail address is carleneb84@gmail.com.

Posted: 14 Mar 2014 3:42PM GMT
I am a relative of Benonia Wells. I keep running into a brick wall researching him. Was he adopted? who is his father? he had brother named Peter S Wells who was my grand father. Yes, I believe Rachel was his wife. I found a marriage doc.

Posted: 14 Mar 2014 7:08PM GMT
The Wells family are mostly buriied in the Stockbridge Cemetery
Benoni Well s b. Hartford Ct.Jan. 8, 1789 d. Sept 10, 1846
The inscriptions are from the grave stones.
Wells, Henry youngest son of Benoni and Alma C. Wells
d. Sept.26, 1845 aged 17 yrs. 11 mos.
Wells, Frances oldest dau of B.C. & A.C. Wells D. Feb. 24, 1851
AE 27 yrs.
Wells , Helen youngest dau. of B.C.&A.C. Wells d. Jan. 6, 1851 aged 23 yrs.
Wells Alma widow of Benoni C. Wells d. Sept. 8 1856 aged 63 yrs.
Wells, Thomas D. Sept. 4, 1884 62 yrs.
1907 Wells, Henry son of Thomas & Gertrude P. Wells b. July 14, 1850 d. Sept. 19, 1907
Wells, Harriet dau of Benoni and Alma C. Wells d. March 31, 1916 aged 91 yrs.
Wells, Elizabeth dau of Thomas and Gertrude P. Wells b. Dec. 29, 1857 d. March 12. 1927

Gertrude Perrine Wells d April 20, 1907 Stockbridge, Ma.b. Bloomfield, N,J.
father Humphrey Perrine b. Bloomfield N.J.
mother Fanny Dood b. Bloomfield N.J.
cause of death General astro-selerosis-senility
Webster Miller M.D.
Burial Stockbrige, Ma.
Husband Thomas Wells

Tina
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions