Search for content in message boards

Lillie Mae Davis Family in Ohio

Lillie Mae Davis Family in Ohio

Charles Call (View posts)
Posted: 6 Oct 1999 5:52PM GMT
Lillie was married to Carmi Call of Nelsonville, Ohio. As far as I know her father was Wesley Davis and they were maybe from Hocking County in Ohio.

Davis Lineage in Ohio

J. Davis (View posts)
Posted: 12 Oct 1999 8:21PM GMT

Subj: Davis Lineage
Date: Oct 12, 1999

Hello,

I am also researching the Davis Lines and notice your messge ont Web page while searching my Davis Lineage, and wanted to make contact to see if you would by chance have any information on My G-Granddad George W. Davis. Who was born in -Liberty, Knox County, Ohio. I know this probably a long shot, but we have hit a brick wall on George W. Davis and are turning over any rocks we can fine.

I am listing the information below - Plus recently we were given the name of Peter Davis who lived in Knox Co. Ohio around 1845 to 1855 and moved, apparently he was in Allen Paulding Co. Ohio. If you have any information that might add to our research efforts, I would greatly appreciate, if you could send it to me. We would be happy to share any information.
Thanks and Best Wishes J. Davis

DAVIS - KNOX CO. and Paulding C0., OHIO 1832-3

Looking for information on the - Parents - Sisters or Bothers of
GEORGE W. DAVIS who is my Great Grandad. Also of Peter Davis who
lived in Knox Co, Ohio.

George W. Davis Birth Date is JUN 24, 1833, -Birth Place -Liberty, Knox County, Ohio Death Date OCT 2, 1915, his PARENTS are UNKNOWN at this time.
GEORGE W. DAVIS was a CIVIL WAR VET and recorded in the VFW in Paulding Co, Ohio

George married his wife Elizabeth (BD 12/6/1832) Wertz or Wirt on
8/19/1858. George Elizabeth are both buried in Live Oak Cemetery,
in Paulding County, Ohio. Elizabeth Wertz or Wirt Mother was a Weaver
from Germany. One of Elizabeth Wertz or Wirt Sister's married a Sapp
from Knox Co., Oh.

We have come across another missing Davis in Knox County in about the
time frame as George W. Davis that moved to Paulding Co. Ohio. His
names is Peter Davis who married Mary Brakebill abt. 1850 probably
Knox Co. At least one child, Ellen J. Davis, b. June 16, 1853, ???,
died December 16, 1936, Latty Twp., Paulding Co., Ohio. She married
Amos Washington Fruchey, June 13, 1873, Allen Co., Ohio

Also, we have come across another DAVIS, Aaron P. b? d? m Ruth Edwards, 2 May 1816, Washington, Co Oh. 4 known chn posbly more, Thams George, Aaron G, Joseph Morrison, James A, Jemina, posbly Isiah. We have family aft Aaron p. posble bro Arthur C, Portsmouth, Scioto Co Oh.

We theorize that there might be a connection with a Thomas Davis Born
in 1790 - Married in State of Maryland to Joanna (Davis) both died in
Knox County, Ohio. In reviewing the dates is appears that we might be missing a generation between George W. Davis and Thomas Davis. Thomas Davis - father was Samuel Davis born in Wales in 1768. To date we have been unable to make a connection of any type with this Davis Line.

We would greatly appreciate any and all information and/or help anyone
can give us regarding the Parents or Siblings of George W. and Peter Davis.

My other Surnames are:

Ashbaugh, Ford, Miller, Sapp, Sherrick
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions