Search for content in message boards

PLUMMER FAMILY England > USA

PLUMMER FAMILY England > USA

Posted: 27 Jun 2009 11:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Aug 2009 2:08PM GMT
Surnames: Plummer
3 plummer brothers came to the u.s. per the King of england to find property/land. one brother stayed in Va, one to the carolinas, and i believe the other went to Mass. Hence the beginning of the plummers in the U.s.

Re: PLUMMER FAMILY

Posted: 29 Jun 2009 12:34AM GMT
Surnames: plummer, calvert
Do you happen to know the names of the brothers. I have been trying to find Daniel Jackson Plummer who married Emily A Calvert. Daniel parents are George and Martha as far as I can tell Martha's maiden name is plummer as well. George & Martha seem to be from North Carolina. If you have any names or dates or any info please let me know.

Brandy
butterfly_0899@yahoo.com

Posted: 30 Jun 2009 12:19AM GMT
what is your source for this information.

Posted: 30 Jun 2009 2:43AM GMT
Surnames: Plummer Plumer
"3 plummer brothers came to the u.s. per the King of england to find property/land. one brother stayed in Va, one to the carolinas, and i believe the other went to Mass. Hence the beginning of the plummers in the U.s."

Francis Plummer (Plumer) arrived in 1634 and is the ancestor of my Plummers and many of the New England Plummers. Source: "The Plumer Genealogy" 1917 I don't know of any connection to NC/SC or VA. When did the VA brother arrive? In 1634 I think most of activity was still in New England.

Posted: 3 Jul 2009 12:01PM GMT
I have been trying to find out information on a John Plummer in which I can not find anything about his family or who his paretns were. From what I have gathered he came to the United States sometime around 1796. From the information I have been able to gather he was from Kentucky. The old story that I have concerning him is that he was a stow away and came to America. Don't know if this is correct but this is the story I have been told. He had a wife by the name of Melinda. It would be interesting to find out if he was from these 3 brothers.

Re: PLUMMER FAMILY England > USA

Posted: 1 Oct 2009 2:51AM GMT
Edited: 1 Oct 2009 10:21AM GMT
Where can I find this book or information on the New England Plummers of the 1700s/early 1800s? I am a descendant of George W. Plummer born around 1836 in Maine. Married to Matilda A. and had 2 sons George E. and Frank P. (both sons born in Mass.)

Re: PLUMMER FAMILY England > USA

Posted: 3 Oct 2009 9:52PM GMT
Surnames: Plummer Plumer
I looked in Sidney Perley's The Plumer Genealogy 1917. I did not find info. Not surprising. My line ends in the book with #1086-II Henry(8)Plummer Born Oct 27 1813 died Sept 28 1860 aged 46.

The book is a Geanology of Francis Plumer who came to NE in 1634 on the Hester to settle in Newbury, MA. If you have any earlier names, father/grandfather I will be glad to look again.

Joe Beecher (14 g from Francis Plumer)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions