Search for content in message boards

ftm mac 2 crashing now not loading up

ftm mac 2 crashing now not loading up

Posted: 19 Jun 2012 10:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
initially did not have no problems with ftm for mac 2. no sync problems was working great. then bingo major problems started to happen with ftm mac 2. been having problems crashing when trying to compact file. now when opening the file all linked people are now showing no direct relationship. and also loss half of the people from 15k to 7k but still show 6k marriages.
so loaded backup files worked a couple times then same problems. then now
having issues for family ftm for mac2 trying to open up. appears to load up in the dock and then just turns off without completely loading up.

so went through the process of removing the program and re-installing the program. still not opening up after reinstalling. just attempts to load then closes immediately.

help help. I followed the uninstall exactly as directed on this site

Re: ftm mac 2 crashing now not loading up

Posted: 19 Jun 2012 11:28PM GMT
I think you should contact Ancestry support assuming that your Mac is running OK

John D

Posted: 21 Jun 2012 12:47AM GMT
The same thing has happened to me on my new Mac Book Pro, running Lion. FTM Mac2 crashes every time I try to open one of my trees that I've synced. (It used to work fine). In addition, FTM locked up every time I tried to sync my large family tree (32,000 plus names). Am trying to get an answer from customer service at FTM.

Posted: 29 Jun 2012 6:27AM GMT
I'm having problems with my tree failing to load, nor am I able to drill down into any of the family tiles. Also not able to share my tree. Have a mac desktop and recently installed lion. Did Customer Service help you at all?

Posted: 1 Jul 2012 7:54PM GMT
I had hoped that the issues were fixed, so have waited to load FTM2 on my Mac even though I have had the upgrade for 2 months. Am thinking that I need to look for another software program. Maybe I should go back to the PC. Does anyone know if my Mac data will transfer OK to a PC program.

Is FTM for PC any better? Will other software programs interact with Ancestry.com?

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 7:13AM GMT
DID YOU EVER GET AN ANSWER ON THIS?

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 1:32PM GMT
FYI,
There is a FTM for MAC specific messageboard which may have the most current answers:
http://boards.ancestry.com/topics.software.ftmmac/mb.ashx

Posted: 30 Nov 2012 12:18AM GMT
Thank you!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions