Search for content in message boards

HENTON, HINTON, BOONE

HENTON, HINTON, BOONE

Posted: 25 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Jul 2001 2:04AM GMT
Surnames: HENTON, HINTON, BOONE, DEVER, MILES, POLK
Hi

I am searching for connection of John HENTON, d 1808 in Russelville, Logan co KY, father of JESSE HENTON, b 1792 in Warren co KY, to George HENTON and his wife Persis BOONE of PA.

I see a John HENTON as part of Squire BOONE's company stationed near Shelbyville, KY in 1780 and a John HENTON who witnessed and was the bondsman for the marriage of "Willie" DEVER to Charles POLK in Bardstown, now Nelson co., KY in 1790. John HENTON md Margaret DEVER, sister of "Willie" and daughter of Henry DEVER and Elizabeth MILES, we think in Hardin co KY abt 1790 as well. We have not been able to find the marriage record.

We believe this John HENTON to be the grandson, or, even possibly the greatgrandson, of George HENTON and Persis BOONE, but do not know what child of theirs is the father, or grandfather if that is the case, of our John.

Perhaps someone has this family more chronicled and could shed some light.

Thank you so much for any help.

Stan

Hinton

Fern Woods (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hinton, Boone
I have John Hinton 1790/M/ Nancy Ann Cambron. Nelson Co.Ky I know this is the Hinton Family I also have a John Hinton that is his son, but no wife. Contact me if you have anything that will help solve this.

HINTONs of PA or MD

Diana Gale Matthiesen (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:50PM GMT
Surnames: HINTON
I don't think you will find a connection between John HINTON of Logan Co., KY, and George HINTON of PA.

I have only just begun my research on HINTON, but I do not presently believe the HINTONs of Kentucky are connected to the HINTONs of Pennsylvania, who were descended from the immigrant, George HINTON. My research, so far, shows the descendants of George HINTON to have gone from PA to Augusta/Rockingham Co., VA, then on to Ohio.

So far, I have found the Kentucky HINTONs to be Catholics from Maryland. There were many Catholics in early Maryland as this was the only colony in which they were welcome. Many of them and their descendants were early pioneers to Kentucky.

There appear to have been four loci of HINTONs in early Kentucky: in Fleming/Mason Co., in Nelson/Washington Co., in Breckingridge Co., and in Warren/Logan Co. I am only just beginning to figure out how they are connected.

I have posted HINTON family group sheets at my web site, with an every-name index to them (see link below). The index is not up to date because I have recently been adding more HINTON family group sheets, which are not yet indexed, but I hope to have the index updated shortly.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions