Search for content in message boards

Mitchell

Mitchell

Lisa Powell (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mitchell
Looking for further info on Preston (Press) Mitchell b.1875 and his wife Cynthina (Robinson) Mitchell b.1883 from Tazwell Co.This is the info I have on his family so far:
Clint b.1902 (no further info)
Claude b.1908 m. Betty? or Bess? Wright son's Bob & Bill, and a daughter Mildred.
Polly b.1909 (possibly living in Ohio?)
Jess b.1912 m. Jenny Wright son's name Curt.
James b. 1916 (no further info)
Hazel b.1918 m. Willie Wright Hazels childrens names:
Cecil b.1937
Willie Jr. b.1938
Vernon b.1941
Ronnie b.?
Juanita b.?
Roger b.1948
Jimmy b.1951
Charles b.1953
Douglas b.1955
Phyllis b.?
Linda b.?
And the first child of Preston and Cynthia was my Grandmother Fannie Mitchellb.1899 m. Archer Lawrence. Fannie and Archers children:
Goldie b.?
Viola b.1921
Pearl b.?
Rex b.?
William b.1927
Ruby b.?
Frank b.1934
Bertha b.?
Robert b.?
Any info would be greatly apprecialted, really interested in finding Prestons parents. Thank You!

Wrights and Mitchells of Tazewell

Posted: 25 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 Mar 2002 6:04PM GMT
Surnames: Wright, Mitchell
I just wanted everyone to know that Lisa and I met over the internet looking for the same family in Tazewell.We are now working together on this family and having a great time doing it.But we need help.Out of all these family members is anyone eles out there working on the same line?If so please contact us we would love to add you to our family.I decend from Roger Wright b.1948 and died 1995 he was from Bishop,Va.We are Looking forward to meeting family.Also wanted to add that Jenny Wright,Willie Wright,and Bessie Wright(from Lisa's posting) are Sibs.Thier parents were William Wright and Rosa Smith.William and Rosas other children were Dewey Hubert,Lena,Dorothy,Maggie,and Opal.Thanks

Mitchell

Angel (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Mitchell, Wright
Was just in Tazewell on Stoney Ridge and found some Mitchell's in the cementary. They are related to me thru the Conley side by marriage not the Wright side.

Mitchell

Jeanne Stephens (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Mitchell, Sparks
My grandfather was from Dry Fork. His name was Fielden Kirk Mitchell. His parents were Zachary Taylor Mitchell(B.5/23/1881Died 1/19/1966) and Hannah Jane Sparks.(B.3/20/1927 Died 3/20/1927)

Wright and Mitchell

Posted: 23 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Would you mind giving me a few names to see if I can link them in anywhere ? My Grandmother is a Mitchell.Then she Married a Wright. I Know at one time her father Samuel Preston Mitchell was in Va.Just not sure it was Tazewell. My grandmother Has several brothers and a few sisters that we cannot find yet.Feel free to e mail me .Thank you

WRIGHT, JENNY

Wanda (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Wright, Puckett
Wondered if the Jenny Wright you mentioned married a Puckett? If so, it is probably a ggg-aunt & uncle, and would greatly please my cousin, Paul Puckett, since he knows nothing of the family beyond Jenny ____ and the Puckett groom. I previously located a Jenny Wrignt & Puckett marriage, and would like to tie this all together, if it works!
Looking forward to your reply!
Wanda

Marriage

Wanda (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Puckett, Wright
I have Hugh Puckett b4-25-1863 d8-14-1944 married Jennie Wright about 1885. Is this close to the material you have gathered?
Wanda
Posted: 26 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
I am not real sure. She was married to a Mitchell a Jess Mitchell and lived in Wise county at on time she also had some children.I don not know if she lived in Tazewell any of that time. As of right now I do not know too much about my family. She could have been married before Jess or even after him.Do you know the year she married this puckett? I know a little about the family and have some dates and names.Feel free to e mail me if you like.Thank you
Posted: 27 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
No, I haven't gotten that far back yet. My Jenny Wright was born 1908 and married around 1933 her parents were William Wright and Rosa (Smith, Mahaffey).Keep looking I think that I have seen a few postings for the Puckett Last name in Tazewell.I cannot get further back than this. If I run across anything I will send it your way Please do the same for me. Sorry I was no help

Puckett-Wright marriage

Janet Prior (View posts)
Posted: 14 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Puckett, Wright
I found the marriage record for Hugh Puckett, son of James and Catherine Puckett and Jennie Wright, daughter of David and Susan Wright. They were married 19 Oct. 1884. They had one son, Reese D. Puckett who married Biddie Caudill. Hugh and Jennie were divorced May 1889 in Tazewell Co. (according to public records located in courthouse). I have more information on the Puckett line if you are interested e-mail me direct.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic