Search for content in message boards

John James "Black Jack" Sanders

John James "Black Jack" Sanders

Posted: 10 Jun 2012 6:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Sep 2012 4:24PM GMT
Surnames: sanders
John James "Black Jack" Sanders (Barnwell County, SC} was granted 20,000 acres of land by the King of England (per Aunt Edna Sanders Morris).

Re: John James "Black Jack" Sanders

Posted: 14 Jun 2012 7:59PM GMT
Surnames: Sanders
Through the Genealogy department at my local library, I located a booklet c. 1920 titled: "The Sanders Family" by Robert Wilson Sanders, stating: "This was copied from the original, loaned to me by his son James E. Sanders. Florence Aycock Flynn."
The booklet gives a firsthand account of the Sanders family of Barnwell County, including detailed accounts of each family member, land grants, how many fought for the Confederacy, and so on. There is a digital copy available for free on the LDS website. It is fifty-two pages packed with great details and descriptions. Anyone interested in the lineage of Black Jack Sanders should definitely read this little booklet.

Posted: 26 Jun 2012 11:26PM GMT
LDS website? LDS.org? LDS.com?

Posted: 27 Jun 2012 8:08PM GMT
I think it is LDS.org

You might have to do a search for the Church of the Latter Day Saints.

I also use http://archive.org Just do a search for the booklet or book you want. Most of them are free so unless you want to pay, use the drop down menu and select 'free'.

I may be able to attach it in an email.

Posted: 28 Jun 2012 12:26AM GMT

Posted: 28 Jun 2012 12:39PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
https://familysearch.org/?
That's Discover Your Family History. Nothing to do with booklet c. 1920 titled: "The Sanders Family" by Robert Wilson Sanders.

Posted: 19 Sep 2012 3:17PM GMT
Edited: 19 Sep 2012 4:25PM GMT
Surnames: sanders
Been doing a little resarch and it appears "Black Jack" Sanders was part of our family. My grandparents who died, as best I know, in their late 30's were Raymond and Elizabeth Sanders. My father was Billy Sanders, who was born in Olar, SC and has also passed away. Would love to her from anyone who has more info.

Posted: 29 Sep 2012 6:54PM GMT
Don't bother with this book if you are looking for information about Black Jack or Nathaniel. The book is about Moses Sanders and William Sanders. Nathaniel is mentioned in passing once, and Black Jack is not mentioned at all. I'll email it to you if you like, but unless you want information about Moses and William, you will be disappointed.

Posted: 4 Feb 2013 11:26PM GMT
my late mom, was margaret sanders, daughter of ray and florie sanders of olar sc.. moms grandfather fought in the civil war..im trying to find his name, so i can join a fraternal organization..she is also related to "black jack"..
per page

Find a board about a specific topic