Search for content in message boards

Jacob Robinson - New Haven

Jacob Robinson - New Haven

Scott Robinson (View posts)
Posted: 20 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Robinson, Hitchcock
I am researching my 8th great grandfather Jacob Robinson who resided in New Haven, New Haven Co., CT in the late 1600s. He was married to Sarah Hitchcock in 1690 (Jacobus: Families of Ancient New Haven) and had several children: John, Thomas, Sarah, Hannah, Mary, and Eliakim of whom I am descended. At this point, I'm trying to determine who Jacob's parents were.

Re: Jacob Robinson - New Haven

Cora McDonnell (View posts)
Posted: 12 Dec 2001 10:18PM GMT
Sorry I can't help you with your search for Jacob's parents in the 1600s, but perhaps you can help with mine. My husband's ancestor, Jacob Robinson, was in New York State by 1800. My guess is that he came from New England. Did any members of your ROBINSONs migrate to New York (Oneida Co.) after the Rev. War?

Thanks,
Cora

Posted: 13 Dec 2001 2:37AM GMT
Hi Cora

The only other Jacob Robinson is this:
1. Jacob Robinson and Sarah Hitchcock had
2. John Robinson who married Mary Barnes and had
3. Jacob Robinson b. Oct. 20, 1721, married Elizabeth Brackett on July 17, 1747 and had Moses (b. 1754) and Adah (b. 1760). This comes from "East Haven Register" by Stephen Dodd.

It could very well be that this Jacob had other descendents who ended up in New York, but I do not have any in my data.

Scott Robinson

Jennifer Setinek (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jun 2002 1:27AM GMT
Surnames: Robinson
Oh! I'm so excited! Yes, I do have information on Jacob (Jr) Robinson, born in 1672 New Haven, CT... His father was Jacob Robinson Sr. born (we think) 1653, died 1728. Jacob Sr. was married to Experience Rogers, no dates. Jacob Sr's parents were Isaac Robinson, and we have weird dates here, unless he lived to be a 106 yrs old (Not unheard of, I suppose, My great-grandmother Bertha Robinson lived to be a 102, and died about 5 years ago!!), and was married to Mary Saunce, his second wife.
This is the last information we have, and it comes from a lady from the Wyoming County Historical Society of PA.
My family line goes down Isaac down through Eliakim Robinson and Capt, Jared Robinson and beyond. I'm curious if we can help each other out, and hoping that you have the same email address still. Looking forward to hearing from you, Jennifer

Posted: 24 Jun 2002 6:36PM GMT
Hi Jennifer

I'm sorry to say that Jacob who married Sarah Hitchcock in 1690/New Haven is not the son of Jacob Robinson (b. 1653) of Barnstable, MA. Please, email me at SRobin0789@aol.com to discuss.

Thanks!

Scott Robinson
Janesville, WI

Posted: 25 Jun 2002 6:42PM GMT
Hi Jennifer

I tried to respond to your message but for some reason your address is bouncing. You gave me cbwhizbang@attbi.com.

Is this correct?

Hope to hear from you soon!

Scott Robinson
Janesville, WI
per page

Find a board about a specific topic