Search for content in message boards

California Branch???

California Branch???

Posted: 9 Mar 2001 3:37AM GMT
Edited: 11 Jul 2001 11:20AM GMT
trying to find the California branch of the Flowers. I know in the early 1950's my father, Harry R. Flowers, had an uncle living in the LA area. I believe his name was Scott Flowers. My understanding was he owned some of the land that Disneyland was built on. If any of this information coincidences with yours, please contact me and leave a message on the board. Thanks so much for information that you may have. Susan Flowers

Noel Flowers - CA - 1930s

Mike Flowers (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 2001 2:07PM GMT
I remember seeing a Noel Flowers mentioned in a newspaper article as one of the men injured or killed when a work platform collapsed during the construction of the Golden Gate bridge. I have no further info on this Flowers, but it may be a lead.

Good luck!

Mike Flowers/ Calif. Branch/Flowers

Posted: 14 Mar 2001 5:48PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jul 2001 11:20AM GMT
Mike thanks so much for responding. I am very new to this and have limited information to go on. What branch of the Flowers clan are you from? My Father was born Illinois and his family moved back to Pa. around 1910. Any suggestions or web sites that you think might be advantageous please respond with those. Thank you again for responding. Susan

Re: Flowers Family in Northern California

Mike Flowers (View posts)
Posted: 15 Mar 2001 2:34PM GMT
My Flowers line comes from Central PA -
Here are some of my Dauphin Co. connections to the Flowers family:
Benjamin Flowers b. abt 1853 - Adeline Riddle b. abt 1857 married
abt 1878
Children:
Harvey Flowers
Clayton Flowers
Cora Flowers
Clara Flowers
William Flowers
Irving Flowers

Edwin Riddle Flowers m. Catherine M. Whitmoyer
Children:
Pearl Mae Flowers
Ray Solomon Flowers (cabinet maker)
Marlin E. Olmstead Flowers
John Wannamaker Flowers
Blanche Flowers
Katherine Flowers
Paul Benjamin Flowers - Mary Elizabeth Snyder (married abt 1915) - my paternal grandparents
Children:
Richard Harrison Flowers (deceased)
Paul Donald Flowers (deceased)
Robert Calvin Flowers (living)
James Flowers (died as a child)
Mervin Keen Flowers (b. 3/27/20-d.7/15/94) - my father

Here are some interesting websites:

Flowers Family Historical Society
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Ridge/7524/

www.familysearch.org - LDS search site

http://www.ancestry.com/search/rectype/vital/ssdi/main.htm

My direct email is: mflowers99@yahoo.com

Best regards - Mike Flowers

Re: Noel Flowers - CA - 1930s

Posted: 16 Dec 2012 8:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Noel Flowers was my father who was working on the bridge with a college friend at the time. They left the construction just prior to the accident. Somebody had stolen my dad's papers right before he left and used them to get a job on the bridge. The authorities had sent notice to his family here in Washington prior to getting home that he had been killed. It was a bit of a surprise when he showed up.

Posted: 8 Jan 2013 9:34AM GMT
Surnames: Lindros, Flowers
My great uncle Charles Lindros died at the bridge accident. I am reseaching his life, and trying to piece together the events of the accident. I was puzzled over Flowers' mentioning in "Slim" Lambert's account printed in Time magazine, so very grateful for finding your explanation here! Do you know which of the ten killed guys who used the false identity? Other related information you might have would also be most welcome!

Posted: 14 Jan 2013 5:23AM GMT
Sorry, no more information than what I posted earlier. Dad used to tell the story how when he got back home his mother and other people in town thought they were seeing a ghost because the news reached them before he got home via the train. He never did know who stole the ID.

Cheers

Re: Flowers Family in Northern California

Posted: 14 Jan 2013 10:02PM GMT
Surnames: Flowers
Also direct email at mike.flowers 'at' gmail 'dot' com

for additional Flowers (PA) inquiries.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions