Search for content in message boards

Ned JEFFERSON of Sumter Co., Alabama

Ned JEFFERSON of Sumter Co., Alabama

Posted: 30 Nov 2010 11:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Dec 2010 3:56PM GMT
I am researching the descendants of Ned Jefferson, Spicie (Spicey) Ann Jefferson of Sumter County, Alabama. One of Spicie's children married or had children by Alphonso Lewis of Macon, Mississippi. A Lewis or someone that married into the Lewis family is descendant from Willie Cotton of Mississippi.

Ned Jefferson (Milly) Jefferson- Who are Ned's parents? Who are Millie's parents? Millie's father was caucasian and her mother "mulatto". Millie's mother is Hildi? of VA.
Oral family history that Hildi is a descendant of President Thomas Jefferson and one of his slaves. Can someone give more information, please.

Ned Jefferson (Henrietta) Jefferson (Jr) - One of her children was named Richard Jackson. Was Henrietta married before? What was her maiden name? Was her maiden name Jackson? Who are her parents? Henrietta and her father were born in Alabama but her mother was born in Va.

Spicie(Spicey) Ann Jefferson Houston (Allen Houston)- on a early census, Allen Houston Jr went by John when he and his new bride, Spicie was living in the household of Allen Houston (Sr.). Was his name John Allen Houston (Jr).

Spicie Ann Meadows ? Lewis? (Alphonso Lewis)

Meadows

If you can be help me, please email Sharon at sharonbt2@hotmail.com

Re: Ned JEFFERSON of Sumter Co., Alabama

Posted: 1 Aug 2011 6:23PM GMT
I have a great great uncle by the name of Ned Jefferson. He's my great grandmother's brother. I believe I have a pic of him and he has an uncanny resemblance to President Lincoln. Anyway, if this is the same Ned Jefferson...his parents were Flemming and Betty(Bennett)Jefferson. We think there's a link to President Jefferson's lineage as well. I been searching hard to find info on our family history, but it's extremely hard. Since the Jefferson side of our family kept their family history a secret everything was lost.

Posted: 5 May 2012 6:20PM GMT
Would you post a picture of Ned Jefferson?
Have you been able to find any research on Ned Jefferson & Family? Are there any free Alabama online archives to do do genealogy research?

Thanks,
Sharon Thomas

Posted: 21 Jul 2012 5:21PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jul 2012 12:35PM GMT
Surnames: Jefferson
Hello. Im directly related to a group of Jeffersons here in Anderson and Gteenwood county South Carolina. They were listed as mu and blavk different times. Some movied to NC and it possible they are originally from VA.
Edward Jefferson born 1845 married to Harriet Jefferson 1854.

Posted: 21 Jul 2012 8:03PM GMT
Thank you. Every little tidbit is appreciated.I will look into those names.

Sharon
sharonbt2@hotmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions