Search for content in message boards

William Westbrook

William Westbrook

Posted: 17 Aug 2007 9:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Westbrook
Looking for Westbrook family. I have Furnifold Westbrook and William Westbrook born:abt 1770 died:10 Sept 1820 and can not find any one before the 1770's that are connected to my Westbrook family. At least not by dates and names adding up. I think they where from Sampson, North Carolina, USA.. Any information would be appreciated very much. Thank You

Re: William Westbrook

Posted: 24 Aug 2007 1:47AM GMT
Surnames: Westbrook, Green, Sanderfer
I may have contacted you before, if so I have a short memory so forgive me ! lol
This is my Westbrook line. I am the great grand daughter of Frank Westbrook, son of William and Mary(Green)Westbrook,son of William King Westbrook and Bethena Wilson Westbrook, son of Furnifold and Martha Tart Westbrook, son of William and Mary Dolly ( Sanderfer) Westbrook.I dont have D.O.B.'s for anyone past William Kink Westbrook 1831.
I have photos of Frank, if this is also your line I will be glad to send it to you.
Barb Pratt

Posted: 24 Aug 2007 5:03AM GMT
Surnames: Westbrook, Green, Wilson, King
That sounds like my bunch. Question? On your message you said you had know DOB after 1831 and that was William Kink Westbrook. Was the Kink a typeO. Because I have your great grandas' Dad being William E. Westbrook DOB 1830 North Carolina Death date none Kentucky as the place of death. But do know that your part of my family because William And Mary (Green) and William King and Bethena Wilson are the family I too have.
I have William Westbrook DOB abt. 1770 and the date of death Said 10 Sept. 1820. I am the grand daughter of Harvey Westbrook son of William Anderson Westbrook. So I guess that would make your great grand dads dad my 3rd Great Grand dad.
I'm confused. lol! Boy I'm telling you this stuff can get quiet confusing. O ya! I'm not the one you contacted before. I am just getting into looking up my tree of family. I'm 38 yrs old, my Uncles' have done some research and have told me they got so far back and would show me what they have found, but the one still alive has not yet remembered to bring his data. Now that the Internet has made it so much easier to do that. I figured I would give it a whirl.
Plus my step-son got me interested, because he has traced his family-tree (BOYD's) plum back to the 595 and No that is not a typeO not the 1500. The 5 hundred and nityfive or so.. He also found history of his family where one was a Capitan of a ship who brought the Boyd's to America. So-forth and so On. I just thought that that was really cool. And I got to wondering what I family was like?
So I got to the 1770 With William Westbrook and got stuck like chuck and looking for some kinda history on our family. So anything that you have and or could remember I would very much love to have. SO you are the Great grand daughter of Frank Westbrook. Then who is your Grandda. I would love to hear and stories pictures anything that you would sure with me.
All my history come from the worldtree. And it seems that all the familytrees stop at William Westbrooks DOB abt.1770 and goes no futher. Now I have seen some Westbrooks from North Carolina from Sampson with alot of the same names like: Uriah,James,Furnifold,Eldridge,etc., I just can not get any dates to match with what I have. Anyway I hate to ramble on and on. When I checked my E-mail and found your reply. I just am very thankful to get any and everything I can get.
Also I seen on the message board back in 2001 I think where a person has a book with four hundrerd pages or so on the Westbrooks. With Furnfold Westbrook in it. Do you know if that is our family? Or know anything about that? If you like you can contact me by phone at (214)587-6960 Teresa Boyd (Watkins/Westbrook) is my name. I live in Kemp, Texas. I really would like to know anything you would be willing to sure with me. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH.

Posted: 24 Aug 2007 5:13AM GMT
I'm sorry I was log in on my step-son log name.
My E-mail address is boydtrucking@netzero.net

Posted: 24 Aug 2007 2:18PM GMT
I will reply using home e mail.

Posted: 13 Nov 2008 6:29PM GMT
Hi Teresa,
I am the granddaughter of Franks daughter Pearl May Westbrook Bridges. Frank (Jarvis Franklin)married Mary Ellen Walker. They had 5 children. Pearl, Elizabeth (Bessie), Rose, Pansy, and son Theodore (Teddy). Teddy died 1918 while in service at the base in MI. Some accident or disease.He never married or fathered children. Franks father died in Missouri before 1900, along with several of his children. He fathered 11 children with Mary Green. After his death Mary Westbrook lived with her surviving daughter Mary Jane who was married to William Riley White. They lived in Naylor , Missouri. Mary Janes bro. William also resided with them.
John, James, William, Mary Jane, Hannah, Nancy, Sallie, Frank, Lucy were the childrens names still living in 1870 in Piedmont, Missouri. Frank, Nancy, Lucy and Sallie were born in Mo. and the rest in Ala. 2 children died in early childhood.
Mary Jane and family moved to Louisiana after Mary Westbrook and William died.
Mary Jane White died 1921 in Louisiana. She had 4 children.
Hope this helps. I do think the Furnfold is our family, I had not heard of the book.
Barb Pratt
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions