Search for content in message boards

Need Marriage

Need Marriage

Posted: 6 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Aug 2003 4:49AM GMT
Surnames: Bowerman, Zimmerman
Need marriage of Catherine Bowerman to Frederick Zimmerman. They were of TN and PA but do not know where. They moved to Randolph Co., IN in 1818. Frederick died there in 1835 and Catherine in 1856. Have information on some of their children, but not all of them. Will exchange data.
Thanks for any leads.

Re: Need Marriage

Beth Kasch (View posts)
Posted: 13 Aug 2001 2:21AM GMT
Surnames: Zimmerman
I have a Tennessee relative named Frederick Louis Zimmerman, Jr., who married Addie Louise Schmit in 1910. He was born in 1887. His father, Frederick Louis, Sr., was born in 1855 in New Orleans. If any of these names ring a bell, please contact me at TNAllSaint@aol.com.

Posted: 18 Oct 2001 8:37PM GMT
Edited: 21 Mar 2002 3:39PM GMT
Do you list any of the children's names as:
1. Michael born: Oct. 24, 1799 who married Catherine Shellenberger.
2. Mary born 1807.
3. John
4. Anna born 1820
5. Elizabeth
(They possibly had 14 children)
Have more infor. if any of this sounds right.
Arlys

Marsha Held (View posts)
Posted: 19 Oct 2001 5:30PM GMT
Surnames: Zimmerman, Brandl, Pankratz, Fosler, Johnson, Ebsen
Arlys,
I just saw your reply to Dora Mae Turner. I am researching the same Zimmerman family and have been in touch with Dora. Frederick was my g-g-g-g grandfather. I am only aware of 6 children for Frederick Z. and Catherine Bowerman: Henry, John, Michael (my g-g-g grandfather), Mary, Elizabeth and Anna. I have most birth and death dates for these children (thanks to Dora). I also have info re. Michael Z. and Catherine Shellenberger (or Shullinberger - Dora's line).
I'd appreciate any info you have regarding this family.
Hope to hear from you.

donna shelly (View posts)
Posted: 2 May 2002 1:37AM GMT
Surnames: Shelly, Shellenberger, Zimmerman, Snively, Hege
Do you have dates for Catherine Shellenberger? Also looking for a Rebecca Jane Zimmerman b 1840 m Ephraim Shellenberger
Stephenson Co, IL. Thanks

Catherine Shullenberger

Marsha Held (View posts)
Posted: 2 May 2002 2:02PM GMT
Surnames: Zimmerman, Fosler, Mapes, Shullenberger, Bowerman
Donna - No, I don't have exact dates. She was born in Rowan County, NC about 1800 and married Michael Zimmerman December 10, 1818 in Butler Co., Ohio. Her parents were Frederick Shullenberger (Schollenberger?) and Mary Slough. I know a lot more about her parents and g-parents than I do her. She died in her early 40's and Michael remarried.

Sorry, I don't know anything about a Rebecca Jane Zimmerman or Ephraim Shellenberger.

Hope this helps.

Re: Catherine Shullenberger

Posted: 25 Feb 2010 4:39AM GMT
Surnames: Zimmerman
A note left in my family by my great grandaunt, Nora Maude (Zimmerman) Buchanan, says that Catherine Shellenberger or "Katie" as she was called, (Maude's grandmother), was born in Tennessee, no date, and her parents came from Germany. Her and Michael had ten children: Michael ?-12-17-1918?, Jacob 1837-?, Frederick 1825-10-2-1919?, Daniel l2/16/1830-6-15-1908 (my great grandfather), Gabriel 1/17/1840-9/22/1922, Mary Ann (Zimmerman) Davis 1821-?, Sophia May 1823-?, Lydia 2/28/1822-6/8/1857, Lucinda "Linda"(Zimmerman) Wilcox 1835-?, and Lorissa (Zimmerman) Hess 1842-1914. Based on the Census lists, Michael did not remarry, at least that I know of anyway. He lived in the homes of two of his children (Daniel and Lorissa) until his death in Lorissa's home in Minnesota in 1882 (very near where I was born). The Ancestry links say Catherine died in Linn Township, Linn County, Iowa, but I have not been able to verify that. I think it is more likely she died in Boarderman Township, Clayton County, Iowa, where Michael had his farm at the time. Maude's note is on my website if you want to see it. Best of luck in your quest.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions