Search for content in message boards

Mt. Zion Cemetery, Millerville

Mt. Zion Cemetery, Millerville

Patsy (View posts)
Posted: 29 Dec 2003 5:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Could someone familiar with this cemetery please tell me if Rachel Annette LeCroy Teel b. 1866 d. 1937in buried there. I know that her husband, George Dallas Teel b. 1859 d. 1941, is. Also, do you know of any special notations or messages written on the headstones? Thanks for your help.

Re: Mt. Zion Cemetery, Millerville

Posted: 30 Oct 2008 12:20PM GMT
Wow you posted this 5 years ago so I am unsure if it is still relevant but yes, she is buried next to her husband. You can see this at

http://files.usgwarchives.net/al/clay/cemeteries/mtzion2.txt

but there is no picture of her tombstone so I can't address the other matter.

Posted: 30 Oct 2008 3:19PM GMT
Surnames: LeCroy, Beaty, Miller, Smith, Kelly
Thank you so much for replying. That fills in one blank for me.

Posted: 30 Oct 2008 7:08PM GMT
Was this the Ms. Teel that was a psychic? My Dad has some stories about her. He swears she was legit. Mom had a watch stolen once and he went to her and she told him that the boys that stole it would get scared and drop it off in her mailbox and sure enough they found the watch in the mailbox. She also told my Aunt Betty that she would marry someone from Arkansas and sure enough, not long after that she met my Uncle Daryl and they got married. Yes indeed he was from Arkansas.

Posted: 10 Nov 2008 1:11PM GMT
Surnames: lecroy
just found your message. rachel annette lecroy teel was my grandmother. have some information. would like to share information with you. rachel anne teel noblitt

Posted: 10 Nov 2008 1:20PM GMT
no rachel annette was her mother in law. the other is rena vanzant teel. i knew her well when i was a child. hard to believe all the stories, but many swear by them. lol she was married to benjamin teel the oldest son of george dallas and rachel annette. my father was the youngest son.

Posted: 13 Nov 2008 11:50PM GMT
Sorry it took me so long to reply. Rachel Annette's son, Benjamin, actually married the psychic, Irene "Rena" Vansandt Teel. There were many that thoroughly believed in her powers. However, she told my grandparents that my Dad would be a girl...oops! There is an obscure book out there about her, my copy is buried deep in a closet. Sometime when I can get down to it, I will get the name of it for you.

Posted: 14 Nov 2008 12:01AM GMT
Your Grandmother was my Grandmother's Aunt. I am a descendant of Rachel's sister, Agnes Cebright. I would love to share info with you also.

Posted: 14 Nov 2008 3:14AM GMT
Surnames: lecroy
i remember aunt cebright. did not know her first name was agnes. i understand her grandson lives near me, but do not know him nor his name. i hope we each have info that the other does not have. i will b out of town for 2/3 weeks beginning tomorrow. will get in touch with you as soon as i return.

Posted: 5 Dec 2008 11:23PM GMT
hi back in town and ready to share. tyvm
per page

Find a board about a specific topic