Search for content in message boards

Williams family

Williams family

Posted: 3 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Jul 2005 7:45PM GMT
Surnames: Williams
Looking for information about Jeremiah and Alpheus Williams who possibly lived in Lanesborough in the late 1700's. Jeremiah was born about 1787 (possibly in New YOrk) but Alpheus was born in Lanesborough. They eventually married and moved away - Alpheus married Laura Powell and moved to Vermont and Jeremiah married Laura __________ and moved to WEst Milford, NJ. Any information would be most appreciated.

Re: Williams family

doreen hausler (View posts)
Posted: 16 Dec 2003 4:15PM GMT
I have in my grandfather's family bible a record of my ggggrandfather, Jeremiah A. Williams born in Poultney, Rutland, VT on Nov. 1, 1827...died in Burlington, VT Oct. 4, 1902 Married to Margaret Adele Gold also of VT.

Jeremiah's Father was Alpheus Williams born on March 1, 1796 in Lanesboro, MA...died June 11, 1873 married to Laura Powell who was the daughter of a Col. John Powell who served in the Rev. War.

email me at DorHausler@comcast.net and we can share more information.

judy mannino (View posts)
Posted: 6 Mar 2004 10:11PM GMT
Sorry I did not respond sooner - I changed my email address and was not aware you responded to my posting. I believe your anchestor, Alpheus was the brother of my ggg grandfather, Jeremiah who left New England, married Laura Cone, had nine children and moved to West Milford, NJ. Do you have any information about the father of your Alpheus and my Jeremiah? (It is very confusing since my Jeremiah had a brother, Alpheus and a son Alpheus as well. Your Alpheus had a son named Jeremiah and a brother named Jeremiah. My line is as follows: Jeremiah Williams, Alpheus Williams, Thaddeus Williams, Perie Williams (Blakeney), Kathryn Blakeney (Van Caneghan), Judith Van Caneghan (Mannino.) Any information you can share would be greatly appreciated. Anything further I can do for you, please let me know. I found my information about the Williams's from Vermont in the Boston transscripts where someone had placed a query back in the 1930's or 1940's.

Posted: 15 Jul 2005 7:54PM GMT
Hi Doreen - I emailed you last year re: Alpheus and Jeremiah Williams and you were waiting for a reply from another cousin. Were you able to get any further information about the parents of our Jeremiah and your Alpheus? Thanks Judy Mannino

Doreen (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jul 2005 8:21PM GMT
Surnames: Williams
Hi Judy,
Nice to hear from you again!
I'm afraid I haven't learned anything further on this line, as yet.
I've been intermittently working on this, as well as other lines.
I wish I could say I've learned more on the Williams line. But, as yet, I haven't.
I keep a file of people to follow up with, if I do learn more. I will be sure to contact you, if I hear of any leads on Jeremiah, or Alpheus.

Please do the same for me.
Hope to correspond with you again, very soon.
Doreen

Posted: 17 Jul 2005 9:31PM GMT
Thanks for responding. I will keep in touch. Judy

Janice Garen (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jun 2006 1:52PM GMT
Are you still looking for info on Alpheus and Jeremiah Williams? I live in VT. Alpheus is buried within walking distance of my house along with many members of his family. I have much info to share, but have been unable to trace Jeremiah once he left VT. Contact me for info on Alpheus if you're still looking.

Janice Garen (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jun 2006 2:03PM GMT
Hi:

I would love to get the info you have on Jeremiah Williams, son of Alpheus Williams. I will give you what I have on the Williams family, which is considerable. Unfortunately, I have been unable to find Alpheus' parentage, but lots on his descendants. My husband is the great, great, great, great grandson of Alpheus, descended from Alpheus son, Bingham (brother of Jeremiah). Do you have the children of Alpheus and Laura? I think I have them all.

Where do you live? I live in VT just a short way from 2 beautiful houses built by Alpheus.

Janice

Barbara Williams (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jun 2006 12:05AM GMT
Oh my goodness....I was thrilled to see this message. My husband is descended from Alpheus and Laura (Powell) Williams. He, like Doreen his cousin, is descended from their son Jeremiah. We know NOTHING about Alpheus and Laura and would love to hear more. I just received an email last night from a nice lady named Betsy who is descended from Alpheus and Laura's daughter Louisa Rebecca. It is feast or famine in genealogy. I have had queries out there for 2 years.

Best regards,
Barbara

Wes Brockway (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jun 2006 2:50AM GMT
Surnames: Brockway Williams
Glad to see all this action on the Williams Family. I know that my Berkshire Williams' probably are not related to those discussed here recently, but hope some other Williams researchers are watching this tread.

My Williams begin with John and Mary William from Ireland. Their son James (b1822) married Ellen Hammil (b1828) in Fintona, Tyrone, Ireland, in May 1843. They and eldest daughter Mary (b1845) came to the US between 1845 and 1851. Their other children were Thomas (b1852) Eliza (b1854) Sarah (b1957) and Celia (b 1860). Sarah was born in Hinsdale and the others in Pittsfield.

Ellen died in 1862 and James remarried to Maria (last name unknow) who had been married to Thomas Connors.

James joined the Union in Jan 1864 and was wounded, hospitalized and died in Richmond VA in May/June 1864.

James' parents, John and Mary, received his pension to care for his two younger daughters.

Sarah was my Great Grandmother, married to William Brockway in Pittsfield in 1875. I believe that they had a son and a daughter in addition to my grandfather Wesley Brockway.

My grandfather and William show up in Mexico in 1898 and 1910 respectively.

My "wall" is finding out what happened to my Great Grandmother Sarah William Brockway.

Thanks for 'listening,' would love to hear from anyone with any connec tion here.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions