Posted: 31 Jul 2000 9:39AM GMT
am searching for any information on the Fields of
Cherokee descent, if anyone has any information
please e-mail me at dream_seeker01@yahoo.com
thanks, Lina

Cherokee Descendants

Posted: 1 Aug 2000 7:24AM GMT
Edited: 16 Jul 2001 1:39PM GMT
Index to Applications Submitted for the Eastern Cherokee Roll of 1909 (Guion Millier Roll). 100. (NWCTB-75-P1163E589-INDEX. About 115 FIELDS'names are on the list.

Cherokee Fields

Posted: 1 Aug 2000 3:49PM GMT
Tried to send you an email to dream_seeker01 at yahoo, but it didn't take. I have a lot of information for you. Email me. lfields@shentel.net
540 778-4807. leerfields@myfamily.com (Fields Family Website).

Fields

Rosalie (View posts)
Posted: 14 Aug 2000 11:57AM GMT
Hi Lee,
I am looking for any info on a Mary Fields possibly born 1795 in N. Carolina, possibly married a John Sparks in 1816. Her parents were Isaiah Fields/Nancy Burcham. Do you by any chance have any info on any of these people.
rewery@netzero.net

fields..cherokee....

Melanie (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 2000 9:15PM GMT
I would be interested in any information you can give on cherokee....i know that one ancestor was lucy fields married to chief redbird smith (cherokee). his parents were pig smith (little pig smith) and lizzie hilderbrand.... we can get no farther on the cherokee side and would appreciate any and all help you could give. also have hit a "dead end" on the fields side about 1732 with richard fields married to sussannah emory in the cherokee nation, east, native america.....they were married in about 1770......any help, again, would be appreciated.
thank you! :)

Cherokee Descendants

Posted: 16 Aug 2000 4:24AM GMT
Melandie, thanks for your query. Are you familiar with The Henderson Roll of 1835, or the Guion Miller Roll (Index to Applications Submitted for the Eastern Cherokee Roll of 1909), plus the voluminous number of publications that are available? If not, then email me and I will be more than happy to give you the website address, and to share my experience thus far. Too much to post here. Also, I am interested in your Lucy and Richard Fields because the time frame is right. lfields@shentel.net

Cherokee blood in Fields'

Posted: 16 Aug 2000 8:37PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 12:08AM GMT
Can anyone help with this? Am told that my Granddads family had Cherokee in them. My Gdad was Wm Henry Fields son of Henry Ephraim Fields son of Asa Fields. Not really sure about Asas dad, but seems as if he might have been Hiram Fields. Where the Cherokee comes from????? Seem to have hit a dead end.
Thanks Diane Fields King

Cherokee Descendants

Posted: 16 Aug 2000 9:54PM GMT
Diane, of all the names you mentioned, there are two William H. Fields, that I found on the Index to Applications Submitted for the Eastern Cherokee Roll of 1909 (Guion Miller Roll), page 100. (NWCTB-75-P1163E589-INDEX). One was in transit and the other was from Kansas. I would go looking for the one with application number: 24634 (I.T.). You should consider when you grandfather William H. Fields was born to determine if applicable. He would had to have been old enough to complete the application sometime before 1909. Now, just because none of your family members are on this list, that only means that they did not want to surface the fact that they were of Cherokee descendants, or were perhaps, unaware.

Recommend you visit these sites. By the way, do not be alarmed at the word Melungeon. My sister and I take it as a positive to determining our roots.

http://www.rootsweb.com/~cherokee/miller.html

http://dir.infojump.com/dir/dmoz/Society/Ethnicity/Melungeon...

http://www.cherokeepub.com/

Asa brother to James Anderson Fields?

Posted: 23 Aug 2000 7:20PM GMT
Edited: 28 Aug 2001 2:37AM GMT
Many Fields' researchers have Asa as one of the brothers to James Anderson Fields who went from NC to Tn to Ky. I have found James Anderson and William Jason together in KY. There are many suggestion who the parents of these brothers were but nothing solid. It has been suggested that the reason for the brick wall is that they did not want common knowledge of their indian blood. Anybody have anything along those lines?

Asa/James brothers?

Posted: 24 Aug 2000 7:11PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 12:08AM GMT
Hi, I do beleive that they were brothers. I will get my info out and will send you what I've got, maybe it will help. You can e-mail me at DJKing63@aopl.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions