Search for content in message boards

Bunting Family of Edgecombe County

Bunting Family of Edgecombe County

Posted: 4 Mar 2005 2:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Jul 2005 12:31PM GMT
Surnames: Bunting Buntin Buntyn
I am looking for the parents and/or siblings of Lawrence Bunting (1798-1873) of Edgecombe County. He was married to Mary Crisp (1809-~1850) on July 6, 1828. In the 1870 census Lawrence is listed in the Lower Conetoe District of Edgecombe County. Any information would be greatly appreciated!! jbunt89798@aol.com

Re: Bunting Family of Edgecombe County

Tommy Colbert (View posts)
Posted: 5 Mar 2005 1:19AM GMT
John, I don't know who Lawrence's parents were but have a few deeds that mention him. I believe the family came from Norfolk Co., VA. Drop me a line at my email address if you would like to have my abstracts of the deeds.
Tommy

Posted: 16 Mar 2012 3:18PM GMT
Tommy, I am also researching Lawrence Bunting, circa 1798 in Edgecombe County, NC. I was able to find him on the 1830 Census but nothing further back. I'd appreciate any deed information you have or any links to Norfolk, VA. Thanks so much! ~Carla

Posted: 17 Mar 2012 4:38PM GMT
Carla
Write me at clycolbert@aol.com
Tommy

Posted: 17 Mar 2012 9:51PM GMT
Carla
Bunting is not one of my family names. They were associated with some Taylor families in Edgecombe Co. and probably Norfolk County, VA. In my early research, maybe 20 years ago, I was trying to sort the different Taylor families and took some notes for the Bunting family, also the Joyce family. I was born and raised in Edgecombe Co. but spent most of my life in the Norfolk area.
Right now I am on an old computer and most of my notes are on another computer. What I have in front of me:
In Norfolk County, a Mary Joyce married a Bunting man before 1752. Mary was daughter of John Joyce who died about 1752. John had a son, Martin who moved to the Edgecombe/Pitt Co. area of NC.
Lawrence Buntin died about 1872 and there are some notes for him in the NC Archives loose estate records. Unfortunately, my notes indicate I didn't read them. I did make a note that there were about 30 pages of notes, but some pages may have been only a line or two. Those pages MAY be available on familysearch.org.
Most of my early notes are on the Edgecombe County Archives site, address at bottom. There are several deeds that mention Lawrence in them. Let me know if you have trouble with that and I will do a "search" of my deed file.
Tommy

http://www.usgwarchives.net/nc/edgecombe.htm

Posted: 13 Dec 2012 5:25PM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Surnames: Whitfield's
Trying to get a message to alcar125. please contact me at my email joan@keyprinting.com. Thanks

Posted: 26 Apr 2013 11:30AM GMT
No relation. In my book of Abstract Wills of Edgecombe NC I have one BUNTING listing. No names listed of those you all are searching. Just throwing it in for possible help in your search.

JOHN BUNTING
May 16, 1837 Nov. Court 1846 Book F pg. 348 Wife: CREASY, lend 1/3 estate-reversion to MARY BUNTING and WILLIAM BUNTING. Daughter: MARY BUNTING, 1/3 estate. Grandson: WILLIAM BUNTING, son of RICHARD BUNTING, 1/3 estate.
Exr: Daniel Hopkins, Witness: Elisha Porter, Jarrett Hopkins. Exxr: Dec'd Adm. granted Jesse Stancil. Esq. Bond $500.00 Wm. C. Leigh and Elisha Porter, Securities
per page

Find a board about a specific topic