Search for content in message boards

Powells of Knox Co., Bell Co., Whitley Co., Ky

Powells of Knox Co., Bell Co., Whitley Co., Ky

Dennis Powell (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 2000 1:36PM GMT
Looking for any Powells in Knox or Bell or Whitley or Harlan Counties of Kentucky.
Please write and let me know if you have information or a family connection here.
Thank You!

Looking for family history

Posted: 14 Mar 2000 6:40PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jan 2002 4:25AM GMT
If anyone knows anything about a Charles Powell
That had the nick name Red and was from Powell County and died in 1966 or 1967 in Illinois in a house fire. His kids were Charles Fredrick,Debra Lynn, Sharon Kay,Juanita Rose and two twin girl.

Powell in Whitley Co., Ky.

G. McKeehan Bennett (View posts)
Posted: 11 Apr 2000 7:32AM GMT
My grandfather was John A. Powell b. 2-16-1874, d. 10-14-1940 in Whitley Co., Ky. He was married to my gm Mollie Godsey Hart. He was married before, wife unknown. I'm looking for any info on either of them.

powells

donna powell payne (View posts)
Posted: 12 Apr 2000 5:08AM GMT
before my grandmother died she told me that the powells came from kentucky..my great grndfather was henry clay powell..do you have any info on this person

POWELL FAMILY IN KNOX, LAUREL.WHITLEY CO, KY

KAREN STORY (View posts)
Posted: 15 Apr 2000 10:14AM GMT
HI, I'M NEW AT THIS SO HERE GOES.
MY GREAT GRANDPARENTS THOMAS POWELL LONA SAMS POWELL-KNOX CO. KY MANY OF THEIR CHILDREN GRANDCHILDREN STILL RESIDE IN CORBIN, KY-(KNOX CO.) WE KNOW THAT THEY CAME FROM NORTH CAROLINA OR VIRGINIA. I'M LOOKING FOR INFO ON THOMAS POWELLS PARENTS, ETC.
ANY INFO APPRECIATED.

KAREN STORY

POWELL FAMILY IN KNOX,LAUREL,WHITLEY,CO. KY (CORBIN, KY)

KAREN STORY (View posts)
Posted: 15 Apr 2000 10:59AM GMT
LOOKING FOR ANY INFO ON PARENTS OR SIBLINGS OF THOMAS POWELL, WIFE-LONA SAMS POWELL,BORN IN NORTH CAROLINA OR VIRGINIA. SETTLED IN CRABB ORCHARD, KY CORBIN, KY.

E-MAIL ME @
ALEKATKDS2000@CS.COM

Re: Powells of Knox Co., Bell Co., Whitley Co., Ky

Posted: 18 Jul 2001 7:00PM GMT
Hi,

My great grandmother was Cecil Rebecca Powell b:1/9/1904 in Wilton, KY. Her parents were Samuel Powell b:8/15/1872 in Conway, KY d:8/12/1948 Berea, KY and Sarah Jane Mackey b:1/12/1875 in Mackeys Bend, KY d:1912 in Red Star, WV. Sam Powell's second wife was Melissa Gibson Lamb. Sam Powells parents were Samuel and Rebecca. I hope this helps and I also hope it sounds familiar, if it does please let me know bewb@yahoo.com. Thanks!

Elizabeth

Re: POWELL FAMILY IN KNOX, LAUREL.WHITLEY CO, KY

Posted: 19 Dec 2002 4:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi,
I am a Powell from Michigan but my roots are from Knox co., Ky. I am decendant of Charles Powell (father) and Mother Helen Christien Powell (Watson).
My Great Grandfather was George Washington Powell and His father was William Powell (Laws) and His father was Levi Powell. William had 11 children and one adopted.
I have a brother named Thomas to George. I also have many records and contacts and Pictures from the 1800s.
You are surely family so please write and contact me.
SINCERLY ,
Dennis Powell

Re: Looking for family history

Posted: 9 Jul 2003 6:53AM GMT
I think I may be one of the twins. please contact me asap. Thank you, sharon

Re: Looking for family history

Posted: 28 Jul 2004 4:38PM GMT
Edited: 10 Aug 2004 1:50PM GMT
Surnames: Powell
My moms mother was married to Charles Powell Sr. and those children are her half brothers and sisters. We have found all of the 10 kids except for Charles Powell Jr. We are LOOKING and LOOKING but can not find him we think he may have been adopted by a couple in Flora Illinois,???????????If you can help please email me @ teejay649@frontiernet.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions