Search for content in message boards

Matilda Vance/WV

Matilda Vance/WV

Judy (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mans, Vance
Searching for information on my ggrandparents, William(Billy)Mans and Matilda Vance. They were
from Lincoln County, WV. Matilda was born August 1, 1873
and died May 14, 1934. She had the following children:
James Monroe, Thomas J. ,Melvina(Melva)Gay, Clerca(?),
W. Frank, Leva J., Otto, and Jinks. All info that I have
was taken from a family bible. Would like more info on the
parents of William and Matilda.

Thanks,
Judy

Samuel Vance and Matilda Vance

Cameron Vance (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Vance, Halliday
I have gone back as far as Samuel Vance and Matilda Halliday being married in Antrim, Ireland on the 9 SEP 1834.
I would like to find out who Samuel's Parents were.
Also any further back on the Vance history would be cool.

HI!

Robin Farmer (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Vance, Messer, Baisden
HI!

My great-great grandmother was named Margret Vance. She was born in WV in the 1850's. She died in 1959 in WV. I am referring to southwestern WV--Mingo County--Breeden/Dingess area. Margret married James Messer and they had several kids. One was named Catherine. She gave birth to Matilda whose father was Boyd Baisden. Matilda married Francis Marion Vance. My mom is their daughter. I hope this is of help. Does anyone know anthing about this lineage?

Thank you!

In Christ Jesus,
Robin

Re: Samuel Vance and Matilda Vance

Posted: 24 Apr 2008 10:49AM GMT
Hi Cameron,
I think I may be able to help. I'm now actively researching the Vance families of Ireland, America and elsewhere; I'd be really interested in an exchange of info. Do get in touch. You can email me directly at jvans@dsl.pipex.com if you like.
Regards,
Jamie.
http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~vfarch

Re: Matilda Vance/WV

Posted: 10 Jun 2008 9:54PM GMT
Surnames: Mans/Manns/Mann/Vance
Hi JUdy -
I am W. Frank Mans(Manns) daughter, Romell. I am just getting started trying to find out about my great-grandfather, William Mans. My grandfather was William Henry Mans, married to Matilda Vance, my grandmother. Do you have any more information that you would like to share? I am clueless on how to find info. By the way, where did you find the Bible. THANKS! and whose Judy are you?

Re: Matilda Vance/WV

Posted: 3 Jul 2008 8:06PM GMT
Hi Judy -
My father is the W. Frank Mans from this very family. Which would make us cousin! Where do you live? Who is your mother/father? I would love to know where you got the family bible. Did it have dates?

Could you email me at rfmann54@hotmail.com or romell.mitchell@lpnt.net?
THANKS AND IM GLAD I FOUND YOU!

Romell Mann-Mitchell
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions