Search for content in message boards

Updating/installing FTM 2012

Updating/installing FTM 2012

Posted: 12 Jul 2012 6:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
For the first time, I can't figure out how to install software. There is no FTM.exe file on the entire CD. If I just let it run itself, it brings up a screen for installing the tool kit and something called Photo Explosion, but no option to update or install FTM.

I admit - I'm stumped.

Any help will be appreciated.

Carole

Re: Updating/installing FTM 2012

Posted: 12 Jul 2012 7:49AM GMT
Run the install.exe

It should start automatically

Photo explosion sounds like some bonus program on the CD, I would ignore it by hitting escape

Are you sure you have the correct CD?

John D

Posted: 13 Jul 2012 6:46PM GMT
It's the CD sent to me by ancestry.com. And there isn't any .exe file on the entire disc.

Posted: 13 Jul 2012 6:49PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jul 2012 6:53PM GMT
How about showing us a screenshot of the contents of the CD?

PS. I vaguely recall a 3rd disk with some photo editing software that came with my edition of FTM 2012 Platinum from Amazon.com. If my memory isn't fault, I wonder if you haven't received that disk in error.

Posted: 13 Jul 2012 10:56PM GMT
Or perhaps your folder options are set to hide known extensions?

Posted: 16 Jul 2012 9:51PM GMT
I have this vague recollection of reading somewhere something about CD's shipped with FTM 2012 being improperly labeled but I don't remember exactly how or where it was I read it. Perhaps someone reading this thread will remember it better and be able to explain better.

You may also want to check in with Ancestry about this. Perhaps they can confirm with you that you may have received the wrong CD and ship you out another one. Just a thought.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions