I have posted this message a few times in the hope that SOMEBODY out there just MAY be able to help me connect my 3x GreatGrandfather to his parents and siblings. One more time:
ABRAHAM MARTIN born 9-4-1797 (either S.C. or KY); died 7-28-1852 Wayne County, IL. Married MARY JANE ("POLLY") HEADY (or HEADLEY??) born 1801 VA; died 7-20-1845 Wayne County, IL. Marriage date.place unknown.
1) JEPTHA MARTIN born 1825
2) EMILY MARTIN born 1828...married AARON W. HODGES (son of HOLLY & CATHERINE HODGES (FOSTER) of Sumner Co, TN)
3) PRUDENCE JANE MARTIN born 1829...married JOHN D. VAUGHAN
4) JAMES MARTIN born 1831...nothing else known
5) GEORGE M. MARTIN born 1835....married SARAH ("SALLY") ANN MOFFITT (daughter of JOHN & SARAH ("SALLY") MOFFITT (CAMPBELL); died 1875 Randolph County, AR
6) ELEY AZER MARTIN born 1838...married LUCRETIA WATKINS (daughter of WILLIAM & ELIZABETH ANN WATKINS (MURPHY) & Granddaughter of WILLIAM & MARY WATKINS (ATTERBERRY) from Hardin County, KY; died 1884. Married 2) MRS. MARY MAYO on 2-4-1892 Wayne Co, IL (daughter of JAMES & EMILY MAYO (CALDWELL).
7) ABRAHAM H. MARTIN born ca: 1840; died 3-18-1862 Shawneetown, IL during Civil War. No spouse/children.
8) MARY MARTIN (twin) born 1842
9) MANERVA VIRGINIA MARTIN (twin) born 1842...married JAMES F. DAY
10) MARGARET (or MARTHA) MARTIN born 7-20-1845 Wayne County, IL.
Do any of these names "run" in your MARTIN family?
Do any of these surnames "connect with YOUR Martin's?
Does YOUR Martin line have an "unaccounted for" male child born 1797?
Does YOUR Martin line have an ABRAHAM/ABRAM who was SAID to have "died young"- but could have just "moved away?????
ANY info appreciated- will share all
Please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org