Search for content in message boards

Tobias Hall

Tobias Hall

Kevin Workman (View posts)
Posted: 3 Oct 2004 11:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Aug 2010 9:57PM GMT
Surnames: Hall
Looking for information on Tobias Hall, born 1700 in England. Came to USA in 1720. Children were Joseph Hall, born 1761 in New Jersey.

Re: Tobias Hall

John J. Orres III (View posts)
Posted: 4 Oct 2004 9:58PM GMT
I have a John Hall, b. 1800 in New Jersey, but do not go back
any further than that. Just out of curiosity, do you have a John Hall anywhere in that line?
He moved to Bever County, PA (Western, PA).
Thanks,
John J. Orres III

Kevin Workman (View posts)
Posted: 4 Oct 2004 11:24PM GMT
Sorry, but I don't have a John Hall until 1827, and he settled in Rush County, Indiana. However, I show 4 children for Tobias:
Thomas, 1789; Stephen, 1797; Elizabeth, 1797; and Sarah Jane, Dec 1797. There is probably a possibility that Tobias had other children I don't know about, even one named John. But there is no proof either way.

Posted: 3 Dec 2007 2:41AM GMT
My line goes from Tobias,to Joseph, to Thomas, to William S. Hall, to George W. Hall (my gg grandfather, to Kate Hall (Hopper), to George Hall Hopper. Seeking more info on Tobias Hall's family. Supposedly 3 wives, eight children by each wife. I find no info on any of his other children, other than Joseph and Josiah. Anyone help me on this quest.
Thanks

Posted: 3 Dec 2007 2:54PM GMT
Dates and locations, please

Posted: 28 Aug 2010 7:30PM GMT
Edited: 28 Aug 2010 10:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hall, Johnson
I have very little on Tobias Hall, b abt 1700-1710 England, of NJ, married three times, large family, etc. All from the research of others. One states that he was one of four brothers that came to the eastern colonies from England abt 1720 and separated. Tobias settle in or near NJ.

My HALL line descends from Josiah Hall (Capt.), son of Tobias and his first or second wife. Josiah was b. abt 1740 of Morris County, NJ. His widow's pension record lists the wife (Abigail Johnson) living all of her life in Hanover Twp, Morris Co., NJ, except for 12 years in Pequamek (sp?) which is also in Morris county, I believe. Josiah died in 1810, the father of 9 children.

I'd love to know the source you have for the number of children Tobias had. Also if you know any of the wive's names, dates, anything.

Thank you for any help you can give!

Cynthia
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions