Search for content in message boards

KIMBERLAIN, KIMBERLAND, CIMBERLINE

KIMBERLAIN, KIMBERLAND, CIMBERLINE

Posted: 24 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Dec 2006 1:24AM GMT
Surnames: KIMBERLAIN, KIMBERLAND, KIMBERLING, CIMBERLINE

Researhing the surname of KIMBERLIN, many variations in spelling of this surname, KIMBERLAIN, KIMBERLAND, KIMBERLING, CIMBERLINE, etc. Family said to have lived in the present Green Co., PA area in the 1700s. Given names of particular interest, JACOB, JOHN, ABRAHAM. Will gladly share with anyone doing researh on this family. Jackie K. Higdon, 2602 Merriwood Dr., Louisville, KY 40299.Louisville, KY 40299.

KIMBERLIN

Diana Anderson (View posts)
Posted: 23 May 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Dec 2006 1:40AM GMT
Surnames: Kimberlin, Clendennin
I have much info on KIMBERLIN family from Greene Co. PA that moved to Scott Co IN. Your names all come from John Jacob Peter Kimberlin b. bef 1731 m. Sarah Clendennin in 1746 Hampshire Co VA. My brother has tons of info.

Kimberlin

Cindy Craig Howser (View posts)
Posted: 18 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Kimberlin, Clendennin
Searching for information on the Kimberlin Family that came from Greene Co., PA to Scott Co., Indiana.

I am a descendant of John Peter Kimberlin that married Sarah Clendennin. Also, searching for information on her parents.

Thanks,
Cindy~

Re: Kimberlin

Posted: 11 Sep 2001 1:35AM GMT
Edited: 30 Dec 2001 6:15PM GMT
Surnames: Kimberling
My mother's name was Esther Oliene Kimberling, born in Lafayette or Monticello, 1913. Father's name Elmer Kimberling, mother Goldie, last name unknown. Goldie died when my mom was 4, so approx 1917. Mom knew her dad was from Pennsylvania, my dad said her mother and father were married in Scott Co Indiana, year unknown. 2 other girls, possibly Beatrice and Beulah (Beulah may have been a nickname.) My mom died in Willits, Mendocino Co, CA, on 7/2/56. My dad tried to find her family in IN, was told a sister lived in Portland OR & her father (Elmer) lived with her, was terminal & expected to go at any time so sister didn't come to mom's funeral. I'm going to Portland to do some research - does any of this mean anything to you, is it the right Kimberling family do you think? This is all I know! Would appreciate hearing from you! Thanks!!!

Cindy Howser (View posts)
Posted: 9 Oct 2001 8:31PM GMT
Edited: 29 Dec 2006 1:43AM GMT
Surnames: Kimberlin, Kimberling
I looked through the Scott Co., Indiana Marriage Index 1820-1905 at all of the Kimberlin men who where married during that time frame, none of them married a woman named Goldie. The family in Scott Co. spells its name Kimberlin, there were no Kimberlings listed.

Good luck!
Cindy

Posted: 9 Oct 2001 11:07PM GMT
Edited: 29 Dec 2006 1:44AM GMT
Surnames: Kimberling
Msg rec'd from "Administrator" on my email indicating there was a response from you dated Sept 10 to a query I sent you, and I can't find it - could you email me at lka109@aol.com? As I recall, it was about any Kimberlings in Scott county, Indiana. My mother's father was named Jacob Kimberling and he married his wife Goldie in Scott Co Indiana, according to my father. I gave you info re Jacob's death, presumably in Portland OR area , 1956 or even 1957, although the info dad gave us was that he was very ill in July, 1956, expected to die at any time. Am going to search records in Portland, to see what I can find. Could we be looking for the same family? Really would like so much to hear from you as am most anxious to know something about my mom's family. Thank you!!

Posted: 9 Oct 2001 11:11PM GMT
Edited: 30 Dec 2001 6:15PM GMT
Cindy, pls disregard msg I just sent! I finally was able to locate yours of 10/9/01, and I appreciate very much the info from you. I'll keep trying!

Re: KIMBERLIN

sharon kuhn (View posts)
Posted: 15 Nov 2003 8:47PM GMT
Edited: 29 Dec 2006 1:41AM GMT
Surnames: Kimberlin, Kimberling, Clendennin
Hello. I am looking for a John Emerson Kimberlin(g). Do you have any info that might help me? I have some info on John Jacob Peter Kimberlin. He married a Sara Sally Clendennin. Her fathers name is George. He is, or was, a Coloniel. Anyways, John and Sara had 6 sons: Robert, Jacob, Abraham, John, Daniel, Henry. Hope this helps some.
God Bless. Sharon

Re: KIMBERLIN

Posted: 5 Nov 2005 1:08AM GMT
Edited: 29 Dec 2006 1:42AM GMT
Surnames: Kimberlin
I have information about--and am related to--the Kimberlins who moved from Greene Co., Pa, to Indiana in the early eighteen hundreds.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic