Farley Surname

Farley Surname

N C Demaree (View posts)
Posted: 12 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Farley

Hi!
My FARLEY line goes something like this:
Thomas Farley m. Jane Hungerford (Mid 1500s Bristol England)
Thomas Farley m. Jane 'Lady Jane' Sefton Molyneaux (b. England d.
VA early
1600s)
John B Farley, Sr.(1648-1732) (Charles City, VA) m. "Mrs. Mary
(Willet
?)Farley"
John B. Farley, Jr. (1670-1754)(Chesterfield, VA) m. "Mrs.
Elizabeth (Aikens
?) Farley"
Joseph Farley b. 1715 Henrico VA m. Mary Forrest b. @1736 VA
Joseph Farley m. Mary Ellington
Forrest Farley b. @1770 Amelia, Co VA m. Frances Ellington b. @1773
Prince
Edward Co VA

Parents
of Frances: John Ellington& Elizabeth Farley
John Ellington Farley b. 1804 Prince Edward Co VA d. 22 Nov 1858
Bedford,
Trimble, Co.KY

m. Nancy Hudson 1806 VA-1868
Mary Ann "Polly" Farley 1827 KY-1897 KY m. Coleman H. Perkinson
Mary Katherine Perkinson 1849 KY-1933 KY m. James Witson Drake
1848 Ky-
1938 KY
Elizabeth Warren Drake 1882 KY-1955 KY m. James Hancock Goode
Mildred Pauline Goode 1921-1993 m. William F. Parson
( ME ) Nancy C. Parson m. Stanley R Demaree

I wouldn't bet the family farm on this data but I do feel
comfortable with
it . It is a combination of Family TreeMaker entries and
information from
two ladies in Trimble Co Kentucky who have done mountains of work
with
volumes of documentation of this FARLEY line. Also, several
generations I
have personal knowledge of. There is MUCH more available on some
parts of
this line....

Farley John H

Posted: 7 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 Aug 2002 11:35PM GMT
Surnames: Farley John H
Thanks for your reply. I don,t remember any of your Farley Name on my list. It don,t mean there isn,t a connection .I haven,t out enough about them yet.I no my Grand father had been married before to who I don,t no. when he married my Grand Mother Mary Elizabeth Kirkendall Pierce in 1892. He had a daughter name Mary Elizabeth Farley & could be other children too..I new her but was to young to ask question.I have his veterans papers that gave his birth place as Manchester ,England.The papers say he had lived in PA. Ohio,He was in Soldiers home in Levanworth ,Kans. He then went to AR. & back to Kans and died there 1911.I can,t find when he came to the US or who his parents are.
If I find any thing I,ll let you no. Thanks. Stella

Farley connection?

Brandon Farley (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Farley, Branstetter, Gimblin
I am also a Farley and have recently developed an interest in tracing family ancestry. Unfortunately, I am in a similar position as you mentioned of yourself. I only have information back to my GR Grandfather… and vague at that. If any of the below sounds familiar can you reply?

George Robert Farley (b. Abt 1881, d. not avail right now) believed to be from New York (state or city?) married (when exactly?) Savannah Marie Gimblin (b. 1/1891 d. 1/16/1981) believed to be from New York. Savannah was apparently the youngest of 6 daughters…, each of the whom died from Cholera (?).

George and Savannah had several children. They included a Ronald Luis Farley (b. 1917 still living) whom married Mary Elizabeth Branstetter (b. 1919 d.6/1993) in Northern California (Chico or Redding). These are my grandparents.

Mississippi Farleys

Tricia Farley Niehoff (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
My grandfather Frederick Carl Farley came from Jackson Mississippi. He married, lived and retired in Brady and North Platte, NE. He had two children Donald and Barbara who married Janet Mars and Jay Beerman.

Farley line

Posted: 27 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Aug 2003 6:12PM GMT
Surnames: Farley, Harritt, Howell
I am a direct decendent of the Edward Farley b 1770 in Va, d 1832 in ILL. My gggrandfather, Joseph Farley is buried here in San Diego where he mined gold after the Civil War.

I have research work done by Olivia Farley Anderson and Lowell Goar

I'd love to compare notes with you. Please write me directly at BndrBill@aol.com

Regards, Bill Howell in San Diego

Farley lineage

Camellia Farley Ferguson (View posts)
Surnames: Farley, Wallace
If you know about all of the Farleys then you are the person I want to talk with. I have been looking for accurate information of my line going back from my Father, Edward Farley whose Father was Shelly Farley. It is my understanding that the Father of Shelly was known as Wix Farley but was named Wilkerson Harrison Farley. From that point on I am totally lost and do not even know for certain about dates for the most recent family members. Kind cousins have shared their information with me so I would like to know if your information conflicts or supports what we have. I hope to talk with you and others who might help.

Upstate N.Y. Farley's

Edited: 25 Nov 2001 2:57AM GMT
My Line of Farley's Originate in MA. in 1810, and are in Amboy, N.Y. Osewgo Co.( David C. Farley) Later: Found in Redfield N.Y. Osewgo Co. And Later; David's William and family in Florence N.Y. Oneida Co. If any of this relates feel free to E-mail me.

Farley's in New York

High01 (View posts)
Does anyone on this board have information on Farley's in upstate New York

Obediah Farley

Edited: 24 Jun 2001 9:29PM GMT
I am looking for the lineage of Obediah Farley (1757-1836)who married Phoebe Hatcher. They came from Amelia County, Virginia to Tennesee (Sevier County), and then to Shelby County, AL. Obediah had a son named Matthew Farley whose daughter Agnes W. Farley married my ancestor James Hancock Wilson. Obediah's other children are Anne, Jane, Sarah, Daniel, and Mary. Obadiah applied for a Revolutionary War pension, but his applicaition was denied. I have heard that his father was named Abraham, but I do not know whether or not this is true. Any information would be much appreciated.

Farley

Farrar Edwards (View posts)
Surnames: Farrar, Farley, Fore, Foster, Meadows, Bell, Hankins, Morton, Daniel
Can you resolve the Elizabeth Archer (or Aikens) controversy? Some researchers say there is "proof" in the Masonic records in Virginia that John Farley m. Elizabeth Archer, but I live in Florida and have no way to confirm it. This would truly be a monumental help to many Farley researchers. Many thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions