Search for content in message boards

Critical components missing, please un-install and reinstall

Posted: 16 Jul 2012 10:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hollis, Franks, More, Clayton, Crews families

This is a message I am habitually seeing as I load my family tree maker version 16. Once loaded, it will open family tree maker and I can use the software, BUT once I close it and attempt to reopen the software for using, it crashes and gives me the above message. I have looked all over family tree makers website and can not see if I am missing an updated file as I am now using windows vista where this was intalled previously on my old lap top using windows xp. Please help me see how to correct this!! I hate uninstalling and reinstalling every time I want to use the software. The file destination is carefully chosen by laptop and verified by myself when installing. They are same place but it still crashes. Any clues? I research the Hollis, Franks, Moore, Clayton, Crews, and related lines.

Re: Critical components missing, please un-install and reinstall

Posted: 16 Jul 2012 11:14PM GMT
Go to the Past FTM knowledge base

http://pastftm.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/pastftm.cfg/php/enduser/...

and look at article 2516 (put 2516 in the keyword search box)

The article commences...........

Question
How do I fix the ‘Critical Components are Missing’ error in Family Tree Maker 2005, 2006, or version 16?

Answer

This error message may occur if certain critical components are damaged during the installation. It may also occur if those components are present, but Family Tree Maker is unable to access them.

This article discusses the following:

Use an administrative profile
Repair Family Tree Maker
Uninstall/reinstall Family Tree Maker

Read on....

Personally, I would install FTM 2012 but your choice

John D
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions