Search for content in message boards

Walter Robinson and Jane Fortune Robinson

Walter Robinson and Jane Fortune Robinson

Posted: 25 Jul 2007 8:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Robinson
Looking for male Robinsons, that is, males whose biological father was/is a Robinson by birth, in the direct paternal line of descent from Walter Robinson b. Camden District, SC about 1750 d. about 1810 Jefferson Co., GA m. Jane Fortune, to participate in the Robinson DNA Surname Group Project at www.familytreedna.com.

Please email me if you qualify and are interested in being tested for the project or if you know of a qualified male Robinson who might be interested.

Thanks,

Lynda Moseley
Barnwell, SC

Re: Walter Robinson and Jane Fortune Robinson

Posted: 25 Jul 2007 9:11PM GMT
Surnames: Robinson
Could you please list a known child list for this Walter?
Do you have a sibling list at all for Walter?

I have some information but am trying to connect Robinson siblings and cousins in this generation and next, and in this general area (SC & GA.)

Sorry, but unfortunately do not have a male line in order to take the test. I am descended from Dr William C Robinson of Jasper Co GA, brother of James and William, and son of John, son of John, son of Luke Robinson from NC.
William had a son named Walter John Robinson born 1857 in GA.

Thanks,
Diane

Posted: 25 Jul 2007 9:46PM GMT
Surnames: Robinson, McCreary
Hi, Diane. Walter and Jane Fortune Robinson had 11 or 12 children. I think 5 died in infancy or in their teens.

Jane Fortune Robinson was the sister of my ancestor, Mary Fortune McCreary, so Jane and Walter's line is not my direct line. I don't have a whole lot of information to give you.

I'm trying to prove a connection through DNA testing with another Robinson whose line goes back to Robert Erwin Robinson b. about 1805-1813 SC.

Anyway, the information I have on Walter Robinson's children is: Isaac b. about 1777, Jacob b. about 1779, John b. about 1780, William Henry b. about 1782, Jesse b. about 1789. The children who died young were Jane Ann, Walter, Martha, Samuel and another daughter?

I believe Walter and Jane met and married in Camden District, SC. Jane Fortune's family immigrated to SC from Newry, Ireland in 1767 and they received bounty lands on Jackson's Creek (Fairfield Co.). There were Robinsons in Chester Co. and near the Wateree River (Richland Co.) and Thorntree Creek (Fairfield Co.) about the same time.

Some Robinson researchers believe Walter and Jane married in Louisville, Jefferson Co., GA about 1774. I disagree. When Jane's mother died on Thorntree Creek in 1783, I believe she was living with them. They left Camden for Barnwell District and were here between 1787-1805 and then moved to Jefferson Co., GA.

Lynda

Posted: 27 Sep 2009 12:16PM GMT
Lynda,

Have you had any luck getting Robinson men tested? And do you know if any Robinson descendants from the Rocky/Fishing Creek area of Chester Co have been tested? The Robert Robinson Jr who acquired land on Rocky Creek in 1782 was from the Sawneys Creek area of Fairfield Co. It has crossed my mind that Walter Robinson and Waterhouse Robinson, who migrated with his parents Robert and Susannah to Sawneys Creek in 1767, may be the same person. If so DNA testing would show a relationship between Robert Jr and Walter. Just curious if testing has revealed anything.

Karol
per page

Find a board about a specific topic