Search for content in message boards

Stulo in WI

Posted: 2 Jul 2012 8:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stulo
I am trying to gather info from my late mother's side of the family. Unfortunately she disowned her mother & her father died before I was born so I have NO connections or resources to go from other than the little bits I could find. Her remaining sister & my 2 cousins that I know of won'tcontact me back. Any help would be appreciated.

My mother was Kathleen Stulo 1955-1995 born & died in WI, USA.

Kathleen's father was Anthony Stulo 1930-1968, died in WI.
Kathleen's mother's name is Patricia- I do not have her maiden name. Remarried & currently lives somewhere in Florida (Can't find her in phone book- I'd love to send her a letter).

Anthony's parents were Andrew 1890-1960 & Agnes Stulo 1890-1971. They lived in Oak Creek, WI, USA. Both were born in Czechoslovakia & came over in 1912 & 1914. Their other children were Frances, Julia, Joes, Cecelia, Stephen, Agnes & Frank.

That is all I currently have. I am new to this, so hints as to where I can look would also be appreciated.

Thanks & take care.

Re: Stulo in WI

Posted: 3 Jul 2012 2:19AM GMT
I would suggest you first find them in all of the census records you can. If you don't subscribe to Ancestry, you can find free records at www.familysearch.org You can also search the social security death index there, which can give you death dates and places.
Obituaries can be a good way to find married names and where the children were living. There are various ways to find obits. First, I would recommend looking at the local genealogy society sites, and public library sites for the city they lived in - they often have obituary indexes, and will usually look them up for a small fee. If that doesn't work, you can put a request on the local message board, in this case for Milwaukee county.
Two good sites to use are the US Genweb site for the state and county you want
http://usgenweb.org/
Also, www.linkpendium.com has links for every state and county, and is a list of both free and paid links for research. That is how I found Andrew's obit. I saw that the site Newspaper Archive has Milwaukee newspapers online, so I searched that site. This site is a subscription site, but it is free to search, and everyone can read two articles a day for free. I just put in Stulo for the last name, then chose all cities in Wisconsin. If you get too many hits, you can add first names.

Here is Andrew's obit
Racine Journal Times, March 3, 1960, page 62

Stulo, Andrew John
9772 S. Chicago Ave.
Oak Creek, Wisconsin

Age 70, passed away March 1, 1960 in Trinity Memorial Hospital. Surviving are his wife, Mrs. Agnes Stulo; three daughters, Mrs. Frances Steglich, Mrs. Cecelia Ross, and Mrs. Agnes Balon;four sons, Joseph, Steve, Frank and Anthony; thirteen grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; three sons in law and three daughters in law. Funeral services will be held Friday March 4, at 8:30 A.M. in the Molthen Bell funeral home and at 9 AM in ST. Mary's Church. Interment will be in Holy Sepulcher Cemetery. Friends may call at the Molthen Bell funeral home, 700 Milwaukee Ave, South Milwaukee Wis. Thursday after 4 PM

I would recommend you post your query on the Milwaukee county board, since that is where they lived. Hope this helps!

Posted: 3 Jul 2012 10:40AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: stulo
you may well have all this but (a) confirms your dates & (b) may help poss rellies connect

Name: Anthony Stulo
SSN: 393-26-5789
Born: 22 Jul 1930
Died: Nov 1968
State (Year) SSN issued: Wisconsin (Before 1951)

Andrew Stulo 40 B Czechoslovakia
MIGRATED 1912
Agnes Stulo 39 B Czechoslovakia
MIGRATED 1914
CHILDREN
Frances Stulo 18 B Hungary
Julia Stulo 16 B Czechoslovakia
Joes Stulo 14 B Wisconsin
Cecelia Stulo 13 B Wisconsin
Steve Stulo 12 B Wisconsin
Agnes Stulo 11 B Wisconsin
Frank Stulo 9 B Wisconsin
Oak Creek, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Name: Andrew J Stulo
Sex: M (Male)
Birth Date: abt 1890
Death Date: 2 Mar 1960
Certificate: 004959

NAT.
Name: Andro Stulo
Birth Date: 20 Nov 1889
Birth Place: Czechoslovakia
Age at event: 47
Court District: Wisconsin - CARROLVILLE
Year of Arrival: 1912
ARRIVED 20 AUG 1912 - NEW YORK
CERT NO. 4188541 V 205 P 204
DATE OF NAT. 13 APRIL 1937
NO. 31004
Date of Action: 13 Apr 1937

Posted: 3 Jul 2012 10:44AM GMT
Classification: Immigration
Surnames: stulo
NAT.
Name: Agnes Stulo
Birth Date: 25 Jan 1890
Birth Place: Czechoslovakia
OF P O BOX 52 CARROLLVILLE, WI
Age at event: 48
Court District: Wisconsin,MILWAUKEE
Date of Action: 15 Dec 1938

Posted: 3 Jul 2012 10:50AM GMT
Surnames: STULO
Name: Stephen Stulo
Birth Date: 23 Aug 1917
Address: 3925 Western Way, Racine, WI, 53404-1447

Name: Stephen S. Stulo
SSN: 389-14-5378
Last Residence: 53402 Racine, Racine, Wisconsin, United States of America
Born: 23 Aug 1917
Died: 14 Sep 1992
State (Year) SSN issued: Wisconsin (Before 1951)

Posted: 3 Jul 2012 10:57AM GMT
Surnames: stulo, grineus
daughter Julia married a Grineus:

Julia Stulo Grineus
Birth: Aug. 24, 1912
Death: Jul. 24, 1938

in
Holy Sepulcher Cemetery
Cudahy
Milwaukee County
Wisconsin

Posted: 4 Jul 2012 4:29AM GMT
Thank you both for the help and the ideas! I actually also just tracked down a second cousin from that side of the family on here who remembers me & would love to share with me the info she has gathered.

The people you found are indeed my relatives. Time to start organizing the info. :)

Thanks again!!!

Posted: 11 Jan 2013 3:44PM GMT
Surnames: Stulo
My father is Robert Stulo, oldest son of Joseph Stulo and nephew to Anthony Stulo and your cousin?? Not sure if you are or have been in contact with him if you need information regarding the Stulo side.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions