Search for content in message boards

Church Records - translation

Church Records - translation

Posted: 15 Mar 2012 12:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stefl, Mertl, Krofta, Luksik, rezac
I have found the records for the church in the small town of Obora, in North plzen. I have found some family records and I am looking for someone who would be willing to translate for me for a fee. The writing is difficult and google translate doesn't always do a good job even when I can read the copy. For instance, one of the headings on the birth records is "Baba" which google translates as hag. Please contact me if you can work with me.
John Stefl

Re: Church Records - translation

Posted: 15 Mar 2012 4:00PM GMT
John, can you attach the record or give the location of it?
Jean

Posted: 15 Mar 2012 5:00PM GMT
John, I think you will ask what the maiden names of Jakub Lukssika wife and the wife of Jakub Krofta are??
Jakub Lukssik's wife is Barbara Kubjkowa (Kubik) and Jakub Krofta's wife is Anna Franowa (Frana).
Jean

Posted: 15 Mar 2012 5:35PM GMT
The url of the site I am looking at is

http://actapublica.eu/matriky/plzen/prohlizec/6620/?strana=4...

The person is Maria Stefl. I have been able to get the some of the info but I found the information in the father and mother difficult to read. I could not read the month of her birth, What is the Baba? Perhaps the language is old fashion and not modern Czech?

Posted: 15 Mar 2012 10:59PM GMT
Edited: 15 Mar 2012 11:01PM GMT
Hey John, Baba is the mid wife who delivered the child.

For Marie's father...
Joseph Stefl of Obora, House 19, born Zebnice House 4,Plaske town Kratovice Kraj, Plzensky, son on Anna Steflova who is daughter of Bernard Stefla, chalupnik (farmer) of Zebnice H. # 4, and his wife Katerina Blahova
(Blaha) H. # 14. This means that Joseph was illegitamate (no father listed).
For Marie's mother...
Maria Lukeskova, daughter of Jan (John) Lukeska domkar (cottager) of Oboro, # 19, his wife Anna Kroftova sedlak, born Obora #19, by Plaske okres (town) Kralovicky Kraj, Plzensky.

Jean
ps, I'll look for Joseph birth to confirm legitimacy.

Posted: 15 Mar 2012 11:04PM GMT
John Forgot to say that this Marie Stefl died Aug. 24, 1868, does that seem correct?
Jean

Posted: 15 Mar 2012 11:14PM GMT
John, Zebnice is not on line yet, but you probably already know that.
Jean

Posted: 15 Mar 2012 11:27PM GMT
Thank you very much. I appreciate your help very much.
Can you tell me the name of the midwife and the parson. I find it hard to read the capital letters in the writing. I belive that Marie was born on September 11 and baptized on the same day.
The red lettering and the date tell when she died. Is there any indication about why she died. I guess I can check out the death records,.
In the person below Maria there is a date in blue (without the Crosses) Do you know what this means.
Yes, Joseph was illegitimate.
What is the meaning of the last column in the record? My efforts to translate did not work very well.
Again, thank you very much for your help. Where do you live.I live in Pennsylvania near the city New York. My stefl ancestors came to the USA in 1882-3 and the were miners of coal.

Posted: 16 Mar 2012 12:49AM GMT
Hey John,
Midwife is Maria Safarik of Obora House 42
parson is T. Frant. Piller
baptism day is 11.
blue writing is the marriage of Barbara to the Jakob written below.
last column are godparents (kmotrove)
which appears as Matej Kundlhous and Maria wife of Vaclav (James) Kristal (this may be incorrect as my actapublica is acting up again tonight, .
So, we have a few things in common. Both had coal miner ancestors. Both ancestors in PA. Both with ancestors in Obora. My husband's Ruzek family is from there. Looking again at your page for Marie you will find Matej Ruzek at the top left.
I'm an irish gal in small town Nebraska. Bohemian by marriage. Do you ever get down to Bucks county?
That's that place of one of my brick walls.
Jean

Posted: 16 Mar 2012 1:22AM GMT
Yes I actually live in Delaware County so Bucks county in north. How can I help?
The names of the godparents are not my Maria's, Is their occupation/condition included. I have to work on reading this writing. I would never have guessed Piller
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions