Search for content in message boards

SMITH In East Knox, Maine (Percy, William A., Rose)

SMITH In East Knox, Maine (Percy, William A., Rose)

Posted: 24 Nov 2012 12:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SMITH, McKay
Hello all,

I'm trying to trace my ancestry through the Smith line which is a challenge to say the least. My great, great grandfather was Percy Ernest Smith. He was born in E. Knox in Waldo county, Maine on 7/26/1876. He later settled through Boston and finally on Cape Cod. He married Ellen Pearl Conner who immigrated from Ireland and arrived here in 1901. According to Percy's obituary, his parents were William A. Smith (born in Maine) and Rose McKay (maiden name), also born Maine.

I've found a Percy on the 1880 census for Knox, Maine that is it right age. He is listed as the grandson of Abner F. Smith (1821 - 1899) and Mary C Smith. The other is Rosanna Smith listed on the census as being 31 years old. But, it seems that Rosanna is actually Abner's daughter, so that wouldn't seem to fit right. I can't find any records of William A. Smith or Rose McKay at all. Really hoping someone might have these people in their trees or find someone in Knox that is familiar with the cemetaries there (already searched findagrave).

If anyone has any info on this line and might be able to tell me any further informatoin, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks,

Chris

Re: SMITH In East Knox, Maine (Percy, William A., Rose)

Posted: 25 Nov 2012 1:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Chris,
I have no direct information on your William Smith or Rose McKay, but have you looked in Thorndike, Maine? I have many relatives from both Knox and Thorndike & they seemed to move frequently between the two towns. Thorndike abuts Knox sort of on the north and east. Also, the Knox Station Cemetery is in the eastern part of the town off of Brooks Road; they might be found there?
Also check Unity, another close by town.
Good luck.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions