Search for content in message boards

CURTISS FAMILY/ BOVINA, WIS.

CURTISS FAMILY/ BOVINA, WIS.

Posted: 31 Oct 2001 6:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 May 2002 4:18PM GMT
I am searching for anyone with knowledge of the CURTISS FAMLY in Bovina around 1915-1945. I have been told they moved to Calf. abt. 1945 to work at a naval shipyard, but they may have moved back. Help is needed.

Re: CURTISS FAMILY/ BOVINA, WIS.

Bernice Welch (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2002 8:32AM GMT
Surnames: Curtiss, McNiesh, Bowerman
Heidi, there were three Curtiss brothers that lived in Outagamie County (in the general area of Bovina) who moved to Seattle before WWII - Luther, James, and Jerome. I have some information about them since they were my grandfather John's brothers.

Posted: 3 Mar 2002 9:19PM GMT
Luther George Curtis was my g-grandfather, his father Harris George Curtis was one of the first settlers in the Shiocten area and was the first person to bring horses there and he came there in 1856. H.G. Curtis is a pretty interesting guy and I have a photo of him if anyone is interested. His father was George Harris Curtis and they came to Wisconsin from Bangor, New York which is in the northern part of NY in Franklin County. I have quite a lot of information on this Curtis family. Weekends I can be reached at janet@ourancestry.net or
weekdays jmaloy@all-profasteners.com
My father Harold George Lucas...his mother Mildred Irene Curtis Lucas and her father of course Luther George Curtis who later moved to Appleton.

Valerie Steward Geer (View posts)
Posted: 24 Sep 2006 7:41PM GMT
Hi; My grandmother Sarah Curtiss Steward, was a sister to Jerome Curtiss, Luther Curtiss, John Klien Curtiss, Maude Curtiss Hagen, and James Curtisss, and Elliss Curtiss. I have done estensive familiy geneologies going back 30 generations. Jerome and John Klien Curtiss moved first to Circle Montania ant then on to Seattle Washington. John Klein's children; some stayed in Montana, others went to California. Jeromes's children; some stayed in Wisconsin (Marie was one who married a local boy and stayed here), others went to Montana and then on to Seattle, and a few joined their cousins in California. Jerome's father John Klien Curtiss was a homesteader in Plymouth. He was originally from MA. His wife Aurilla was from New York. Jerome's wife was Orilla Calistia Lyman, whose family can be traced back to over a 1000 years to the kings of Scotland and Ireland. John Klein' Curtiss' is a descendent of William Curtiss who came over around 1664 from England. any help or specifics I can give you let me know

valerie Geer (View posts)
Posted: 24 Sep 2006 7:56PM GMT
John Kleir Curtiss b 1820 in MA - 1927
Spouse Aurilla Auyer

Jerome John Curtiss b 1844 - 1927
Spouse Orilla Calistia Lyman 1844 - 1915

children
Jerome Curtiss1886 -Jun 1962
John Klein (Jack )Curtiss b 17 Jan 1873 - 22 Apr 1951
Luther Curtiss 12 Feb 1875 - 1978
Sarah Curtiss Steward 6 Aug 1880 - 1956
Maude Curtiss Hagen 23 Feb 1884 - 1972
Elliss Curtiss 20 Jan 1881 20 Jan 1970

Deceased Children of Jerome and Orilla were
Mary 1871 - 1871
Welford 1870 - 1873
Ernest Curtiss 1877 - 1877
for more info just e-mail me

Posted: 14 Aug 2008 12:53AM GMT
Surnames: Curtis
Hello,
All the information I have from census and family info has my George Curtis and his wife Mary S. Thomas Curtis from New Hampshire. They lived for a while in Richmond, Lower Canada although I've also seen on the census Canada East and West. There is a Richmond in Ontario which is where I believe they were and then they came back to the U.S. and lived in Bangor, Franklin County, New York which is just across the Canadian border. They were there for the 1850 U.S.Census and then 1860 they were in Bovina, Wisconsin.
There were two or three "Curtis families" in the Shiocten/Bovina area. I don't believe your family is the same as mine. There are quite a few references to my Curtis family in the book "The History of OUtagamie County" also "Shadow of the Wolve. My Harris George Curtis wrote and had published two poetry books. In these books he refers to my grandmother and other family members.

Posted: 14 Aug 2008 1:04AM GMT
Sorry, this is not my Curtis family. My grandmother was Mildred Irene Curtis who married George Henry Lucas. Her parents were George Luther Curtis (vet as in animal dr) and mother was Phebe Charlotte Sloat. Only three children survived including my grandmother. Sister Adah Marguerite Curtis Hays and elder brother Clinton Earl Curtis. There was also Bert Curtis who was a half brother to these three children and the eldest. His family seems to have ended up in Florida. George H. Curtis was the father of Harris G. Curtis and grandfather of George Luther Curtis.

Re: CURTIS FAMILY/ SHIOCTEN - BOVINA, WIS.

Posted: 14 Aug 2008 1:09AM GMT
If anyone is looking for my Curtis family you may still reach me at the janet@ourancestry.net or Texaskiwi@verizon.net The All-Pro Fastener email address is very old and definitely won't get to me.

Janet

Posted: 5 Jan 2011 3:03PM GMT
Hi,
I am interested in your John Curtis. Actually any John Curtis around Bovina, Wisc. My ggg-grandfather George H Curtis) & grandmother (Mary Thomas Curtis)came to Bovina/Shiocten, Wisc joining their son Harris G. Curtis who came in 1854. They had previously been living in Franklin County, N.Y. before coming to WI. In the 1860 US Census they have a 12 yr old John H. Curtis living or visiting with them. He was 12 years old at the time. I don't know who he is? He isn't a son I'm almost positive but don't know whose son he is.
Janet

Posted: 12 Feb 2013 4:17AM GMT
I don't think this is my Curtis family.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions