Search for content in message boards

Martin Mooney

Martin Mooney

Posted: 4 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Apr 2002 8:53AM GMT
I am looking for information on Martin J Mooney. Born 1907 Lived for awhile in Pittsburgh, PA. Mother Grace Dowd father Martin. Any info would be helpful.

Re: Martin Mooney

Posted: 27 Jul 2002 7:54PM GMT
I have a Martin Albinus in my line. He was born sometime between 1848 and 1854. I have no other info on his marriage or children. Martin's father was Bartholomew and mother was Ellen Brennan. They married in 1845 and Ellen died in 1890 something.....They had 12 children, my ggrandmother Sarah Ann being one of them. .Let me know if this info is of any help to you. I would love to be able to fill in this branch of my family tree......

Posted: 30 Jul 2002 12:39AM GMT
Edited: 3 Aug 2002 3:07AM GMT
There is probably not a connection. I have searched for several years now with out finding a link. The Martin J Mooney that I am looking for was married to a Grace Dowd . Martin was born 1870 and Grace 1876. There children were; Elizabeth, Anna Grace, Martin, Marie, Kathryn and Margaret.
Martin's son Martin was born 11/8/1907 inPittsburgh. Any info on him would be wonderful as I have not been able to locate him or place of death.

Rita (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jul 2002 6:22PM GMT
I searched under Martin Mooney on Ancestry.com and came up with a Martin Mooney born 11/8/1907 and died 11/1964. This information comes from the SSDI (Social Security Death Index). It shows his SS was issued in WV before 1951. There is also a link by his name for new info which confuses me. It says that he is listed in the Calif Death Index, but when I went there, it brought up a Mary Agnes Mooney with the same SS# as Martins (236-12-5909). Don't understand that one..........hope this helps you tho. You could send to the SS for his application. It would give you some more info.

Posted: 1 Aug 2002 12:15AM GMT
Thank you for the info. That is the Martin I am looking for. I have been unable to access the additional information so thank you. Maybe Mary Agnes is a wife or something. Every little bit helps. It does seem odd that there is not a connection to your Mooneys and maybe there still is if we could go farther back.

Rita (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2002 4:26PM GMT
I am so glad that this is the Martin that you are looking for. I will see if I can come up with anything more for you. Its exciting to find something that someone wants, even if its not on my ancestors..........I think I found something in a census. I'll double check that.

Posted: 2 Aug 2002 8:07PM GMT
Again thru Ancestry.com, I got the following information on Martin J Mooney:
This is from the Pennsylvania 1910 Census Miracode Index....
Age: 38 Color: W BirthPlace: Pennsylvania County: Allegheny, Pittsburgh, Enumeration District: 0530 Visit: 0218
Other Residents: Wife Grace H age: 33 BirthPlace:Ireland
Daughter Elizabeth Age 7 Born: PA
Daughter Anna G Age 4 Born: PA
Son Martin Age 2 Born: PA
If you should ever find out the SR. Martin J Mooney's father and mother, please let me know. They could possibly be in my line. My Martin Albinus could be Martin J, Sr's father.....
Hope all this helps you in some way..........

Posted: 3 Aug 2002 1:39AM GMT
You have been so kind to help me. Thank you very much. I did get some info from the Western Genealogical Society of Pittsburgh and I believe Martin Sr. parents were from Ireland and names are Michael Mooney abt 1848 and Elizabeth abt 1850. Children Mary abt 1871 and Martin 1872 and Annie 1878.

Rita (View posts)
Posted: 4 Aug 2002 2:18AM GMT
Well if Michael and Elizabeth are the parents of Martin J Sr., then they are not in my line. I was really hoping.............
If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know. I enjoy this stuff.........spend waaaay too much time at the computer. I have a subscription to the Federal Census' on Ancestry.com. And I also have a subscription to Genealogy.com and their databases. So I'd be more than happy to check something out for you. Just let me know.

Posted: 4 Aug 2002 10:30PM GMT
Edited: 19 Feb 2006 11:34PM GMT
I was really hoping too. I had almost given up and now you inspired me to search on....Thanks again.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic