Search for content in message boards

Descendants of Samuel W. Rice

Descendants of Samuel W. Rice

Carol Rice Kraco (View posts)
Posted: 25 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rice, Schoonover, Stewart, Martin, Fleurchutz, O'Donnell, Mann, Schultz
My gr-gr-gr-gr-gr-grandfather was Samuel W. Rice(pioneer of Addison, NY). Searching for information re:his other descendants. Samuel married Lucretia Martin...son Stephen...grandson Nelson..gr-grandson Silas W. (served in Civil War..b1844-d1920)married Mary Stewart Schoonover (b1847-d1939)...gr-gr-grandson Robert Menzo Rice (b1877-d1965)married Rose Fleurchutz (b1879-d1965)...Robt. & Rose's children-Wilbert Silas (b1899-d19??married Henrietta Schultz),Raymond F.(b1902-d1966-married Ruth Eileen O'Donnell b1907-d1990)and Vandetta Marion(b1905-d1971 married Elmer Mann b1864-d1949).If you can help, please let me know...thank you
Posted: 26 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 11:30AM GMT
Surnames: GLEASON, FERRIS, CAHILL, REYNOLDS, METZ, WILBUR, BURLEY, JOHNSON
Samuel RICE'S sister, Patty Permelia RICE, m. my 4th great grandfather Squire REYNOLDS, 1790, in CT. They moved to Troupsburg, Steuben Co, abt. 1808, had 12 children. Spouses of their children include HAYES, THATCHER, RIGGS, SIMPSON, MARTIN, SCHOONOVER, and PARRY. I am seeking Patty Permelia RICE'S antecedents, and further info re these collateral families.
Posted: 20 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 Oct 2001 8:13PM GMT
Surnames: RICE, TINKER, BELCHER
1882 James Henry(John or J. H.)BELCHER(adopted)TINKER married Zernah Jane RICE, child of Samuel RICE's son Clark RICE's son Stephen RICE. Zernah Jane RICE TINKER DUNMORE was my grandmother. Have descendants of Clark RICE. Interested in Samuel RICE ancestors. Can we exchange?

RIce Family

Carl Elwood (View posts)
Posted: 20 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Rice, Elwood
The Rice and Elwood families are related by marrage

Louis Elwood married Stanly Rice of Addison.

The Elwoods are also from Conn. moving first to NY. Several Elwood Off springs moved west.

Louis and Stanly Rice still live in Addison NY

Louis is my Fathers first cousin. As there fathers where brothers.

Rice / Powell

Phil Marsh (View posts)
Posted: 25 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Marsh, Loghry, Hodges, Powell, Rice, Ward
Any information on Susan Rice? She was born in 1808 and married Alexander Powell and raised the family in Bath - Urbana area. Was she related to Samuel Rice?

response

Patrick M. McLindon (View posts)
Posted: 28 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Ward
What information do you have about the surname Ward? Anything would be greatly appreciated.

MANN

Carol Kraco (View posts)
Posted: 2 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Mann
I'm not sure if there's any link to your Tioga county Mann's. My paternal great-aunt (grand-aunt?) was married to Elmer Mann. He was MUCH older than her and they had no children. If there is a link it's only by marriage. Wish I could be of more help.
Carol

mann

melanie (View posts)
Posted: 2 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: mann
In your posted message you mention a Mann. I am searching for a Bryon Mann. Would you know anything about him. He would be from around your area or Tioga Co.

Rice Family

Posted: 6 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jul 2001 4:25AM GMT
Surnames: Rice
I am currently tring to trace the Rice family. I have been tol I am a decendent of Samuel Rice I just have not been able to trace it all back through. My grandmother's parents were Edith Rice and Edwin Rice. Her mother's maiden name was Rice so I have two different Rices to deal with. I am suppose to be a decendent to Samuel Rice through Edith Rice. Her parents were John G. Rice and Ruay Alvina McCaslin. John's Parents were Goerge M. Rice and Abigal. I am not sure where the conection goes from there. I have been able to find the graves so I know when they died. They are all burried in the Chenango Cemetery in Troupsburg Stueben County N.Y. My Grandmother's mother's brother John Rice and his wife Lucy are also burried there. There are a few other Rices there but I haven't quite made all the connections yet. I have been trying to Find out where Samuel Rice is burried but haven't had any luck. I do believe that the Stephen Rice burried in Chenago Cemetery is Samuel Rice's Son. I am willing to give what informaton I have.I am also interested in Clark Rice's decendents.

John G. Rice and Ruay Alvina McCaslin

Posted: 7 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 Oct 2001 8:13PM GMT
Surnames: RICE
Shelley, A group of Samuel Rice descendants have gathered lots on this family. We're still looking for parents of Samuel who came to Steuben Co in 1791. You can contact me directly for more. Ruth Tinker Smith PGSmi@aol.com

Descendants of Stephen Rice

Generation No. 1

1. STEPHEN3 RICE (SAMUEL BROWN2, UNKNOWN1) was born 5 Apr 1791 in Addison, Steuben Co, NY (First white child born there.), and died 7 Jun 1871 in Woodhull, Steuben Co, NY Buried Chenango Cemetery, Troupsburg, NY. He married PERMELIA SQUIRES, daughter of JOSIAH SQUIRES and LUCINDA MARTIN. She was born 1797 in Steuben Co, NY, and died 8 Dec 1885.

Children of STEPHEN RICE and PERMELIA SQUIRES are:

i. SAMUEL B.4 RICE, b. Abt. 1822, Ohio; d. 14 Jul 1871; m. LUCY P. UNKNOWN; b. Abt. 1829, NY.

ii. JOHN GEORGE RICE, b. 9 Nov 1831, (Per Brenda father is Stephen); d. 24 May 1903, Woodhull, Steuben Co, NY; m. RUEY E. STRAIT MCCASLIN; b. 8 Dec 1844, Rathbone, NY; d. 1934.

iii. MARIA RICE, b. Abt. 1814, Steuben Co, NY; d. 11 May 1887, Buried Austinburg Cemetery (See Notes of Daniel); m. WILLIAM JORDAN; b. Nov 1807, PA (see 1855 Census in William Notes); d. 28 Jul 1883, Buried Austinburg Cemetery (See Notes of Daniel).

iv. ROBIA RICE, b. 1820, Ohio Had no children; m. CALEB BUTLER.

v. MARINDA RICE, b. 1829, Steuben Co, NY; d. 1908, Town Line Cem, Rathbone, NY; m. MILO CHILSON; b. 1805, Steuben Co, NY; d. 1889, Town Line Cem., Steuben Co, NY.

vi. SOPHRONIA RICE, b. Abt. 1834; d. 26 Mar 1906, Woodhull, NY; m. BUMP.

vii. GEORGE N. RICE, b. Abt. 1825, Ohio (family per notecards Steuben Co Hist Office); d. Bef. Jul 1871; m. SARAH C. UNKNOWN; b. Abt. 1828.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic