Search for content in message boards

WILLIAM McKNIGHT: IRELAND - PA - KY - IN

WILLIAM McKNIGHT: IRELAND - PA - KY - IN

Posted: 1 Mar 2004 3:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McKNIGHT, ROBERTSON
I have a William McKNIGHT b. 1765 Ireland emigrating about 1772-1773 probably with his parents John and Nancy HAZELIT McKNIGHT. They appear to have settled in Wash. Co., PA where William, married Agnes ROBERTSON, dt. of Thomas and Margaret ROBERTSON, Jan. 1788. They might have migrated to Brooke Co., VA then Mercer Co., KY by 1791 and then later to Washington Co., IN by 1809.

I am particularly interested in which port they entered the country and the name of the ship. I have seen some information that leads me to believe their port was South Carolina about 1772/73. If they entered the country in SC where did they settle first and for how long? How long were they in Washington Co., PA? Mercer Co., KY?

Re: WILLIAM McKNIGHT: IRELAND - PA - KY - IN

bob mcknight (View posts)
Posted: 27 Sep 2006 3:20PM GMT
I have gathered information william and his family line as it is my family's history. The information I have tells they settled in PA, the south carolina mcknight was of a different family. William's children moved to KY then to indiana where he met them there after his wife died in VA.

Posted: 24 Jan 2009 2:09AM GMT
Surnames: McKnight, Crooks, Porter, Keck
I wonder if their might be a connection my Mcknights? I have nothing to connect them to yours, but the dates seem to sort or coincide. I have a David McKnight born in Ireland in 1764 and wonder if he might be the brother of the McKnight you are researching. If you might have any connection, please let me know. My email is jbka_nissen@yahoo.com.

Posted: 24 Jan 2009 9:32AM GMT
HI
I was very interested in your message regarding David Mcknight I have a David c 1781 living with his wife Margaret?and family in Archanan Ballinderry in 1851 David was a farmer

audrey

Posted: 24 Jan 2009 10:31AM GMT
DAVID McKNIGHT, 45 (Head) [Married 1840] - LINEN WEAVER (Antrim) (R)
LETTICIA McKNIGHT, 38 (Wife) [Married 1840] - NONE (Antrim) (R)
MARGARET McKNIGHT, 9 (Daughter) [Unmarried] - NOT AT SCHOOL (Antrim)
WILLIAM McKNIGHT, 7 (Son) [Unmarried] - NOT AT SCHOOL (Antrim)
JOSEPH McKNIGHT, 6 (Son) [Unmarried] - NOT AT SCHOOL (Antrim)
GEORGE McKNIGHT, 4 (Son) [Unmarried] - NONE (Antrim)
JAMES McKNIGHT, 1 month (Son) [Unmarried] - NONE (Antrim)
14. JAMES DUNLEARY, 50 (Head) [Married 1824] - CARPENTER (Londonderry)
I would love to hear from anyone conected to any of the above from 1851 census

audrey

Posted: 25 Jan 2009 8:09PM GMT
In my research I have a William B McKnight b: 3-1-1765 in York, PA and married Nancy Agnes Robertson b: 4-3-1766 in York, PA. He was the son of George Alexander McKnight B: 1745 in Chester Co, PA. I have uncovered a story about some McKnights migrating from Ireland and winding up in SC by way of Jamaca/Bermuda area. Does this fit with anything that you have? my email is mjamox@gmail.com

Posted: 25 Jan 2009 8:14PM GMT
I would like some more information about your William McKnight that went to PA. My McKnights settled in Chester Co, PA after arriving in the Port of Philadelphia and in later years moved to Rowan County, VA which became Rowan Co, NC. The later moved on to IN.

Posted: 25 Jan 2009 8:20PM GMT
I have a David McKnight b: 1755 in Statesville, NC to William McKnight and Jane Morton. William and Jane came from Ireland in large group of McKnights that migrated to the colonies in six ships that landed at the Port of Philadelphia. They settled in Chester Co, PA and later moven on to NC and then to IN. Could any of these fit your information? contact mjamox@gmail.com

Posted: 25 Jan 2009 10:37PM GMT
Do you know David's spouse, their children and who the children married?

Jim McKnight

Posted: 25 Jan 2009 10:47PM GMT
David McKnight b 8/29/1764 married Hanna Gill b. 3/31/1768
children
Mary McKnight m Andrew Chestnut
Andrew McKnight m Jemima Booth (my ggggrandparents)
Robert McKnight
Anna McKnight
William McKnight
John McKnight m Emma Dugan
Margaret McKnight
Hannah McKnight m Lewis Mattocks
James McKnight
Joseph McKnight
David McKnight m Catherine Ciscadden
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions