Search for content in message boards

Hilliard's from Killarney, Ireland

Hilliard's from Killarney, Ireland

Posted: 7 Apr 2012 6:19AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hilliard, Mobbs
I am researching Hilliards from Killarney from the 1890s back. I have the following:
1 - George Franklin Hilliard (1895-1988), Seaman, who immigrated to Australia in about 1918 - siblings were Richard (1893- ), Ellen (1894- , married Alf Waugh), Charles Louis Robert (1899 - ), and William (1900 - who was sent to America to live with relatives after his father died, and had a son called Jack, still living), George married Francis May Lack in Sydney; George was a son of
2 - George Franklin Hilliard (1859-1905), Surgeon and physician, born Killarney, died London, married Nellie Mobbs, this George was a son of
3 - Richard Hilliard, occupation, age, and spouse unknown.

From there I have nothing. Does anyone have any more information on Hilliards from Killarney, County Kerry?

Re: Hilliard's from Killarney, Ireland

Posted: 7 Apr 2012 9:42AM GMT
have you checked the IrishGenealogy website ?

quite a number of records for the surname Hilliard include in the Church of Ireland parish records in Killarmey CofI parish - including the baptism of George jnr : http://churchrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/details...

see : http://churchrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/search....

Shane

Posted: 2 Apr 2013 9:18PM GMT
I have a 10 page letter written by an elderly Killarney Hilliard to my father giving many details of his family. I believe his name was Dick and the letter was written before 1956. His father was John. John's father was William, Willaim's father was William and his father was Robert William, his father was William and his father was Captain Robert (came to Ireland in 1649 and married in 1651).

I am not skilled in matters forefatherish but I will be glad to send you a copy of the letter. It is an interesting history of the family in Ireland and the author shows himsef to be a scholar and an excellant writer. Captain Hilliard's family was from the Holderness Peninsula in Yorkshire.

Posted: 1 Oct 2013 5:25PM GMT
Hello

I'm am trying to tie the Hilliard family of Killarney to the Hilliard Linage in Kerry beginning in 1649. I been speaking to Dick's son, but his father must have known more, would it be possible to get a copy of that letter and i could share with you some stuff i may have.

Regards Jessica Hilliard Jessi99clio@yahoo.ie

Posted: 21 Jan 2014 12:46PM GMT
That would be lovely. My apologies for the late reply. My postal address is PO Box 5025, Red Hill Mail Centre, North Rockhampton, Queensland Australia 4701, or you can fax to 617-4927-2515 if that's easier, or scan and email to sola_ani@hotmail.com.

Many thanks

Anneke Ross
per page

Find a board about a specific topic