Search for content in message boards

White family in TN

White family in TN

Posted: 30 Dec 2002 4:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Aug 2004 11:48AM GMT
Surnames: White
I'm hoping someone...anyone...can help me. I'm looking for the White family in TN. My great-grandmother's name was Addie White, her father's name was Ned White, and her mother's name was Elizabeth Cannon. According to my grandfather's birth certificate, Addie was born in Carroll County, TN in 1860. That's all I have. Can anyone help? Thanks a bunch! Dawn

Re: White family in TN

Posted: 31 Dec 2002 12:44AM GMT
I am not sure these are your folks, but it may provide a clue.
Ned could be the nickname for Edward.
An Edward WHITE married Armenta CANNON, 11 / 29 / 1849 in Carroll Co., TN. There was also and E. WHITE license with Rebecca SHAW, 2 / 22 / 1861 but no return to Carroll Co.
Edward WHITE married Elizabeth CULP, 8 / 12 / 1869 and Ed WHITE married Amand PORTER, 2 / 23 / 1873.

According to 1860 Census book by Sistler, # 47 - 024 in 2nd District there is:
Edward White 36
Adeline 31
John C. 10
Eliza 8
William 3
If this is the right family, Addie could have been born later in the year.
In 1870 Census Book by Sistler, # 284 is Edward White.
I am sorry but I have no other info on them. I am not related and not familiar with Carroll Co. families although I believe I have distant cousins there of the BRYANT line from SC.

Dawn Farrell (View posts)
Posted: 31 Dec 2002 3:37PM GMT
WOW...maybe that's it!! Addie was born Octbober 15th of that census year...she wouldn't be on it. I'll look for the 1870 and see if I can find something. I know Addie ended up in Gibson County by 1872 because that's when she married A.K. Perry.
Is there a list of nick names anywhere on the internet? Ned=Edward would have never popped up in my head. It could be possible though.
Thank you for helping me out...I greatly appreciate it!! Happy New Year!!! Dawn

Posted: 1 Jan 2003 2:37AM GMT
Edited: 6 Mar 2004 8:33PM GMT
I am still not sure if this is your family but I found what looks like this Edward on the 1880 Gibson Co., TN Census.
North Gibson, page 472 B :
Edward WHITE 56 TN farmer - father NC mother NC
Amanda L. 35 TN keeps house - fa NC mo NC
William E. 23 TN school TN TN
Aramitta A. 19 TN TN TN
Nancy A. 16 TN TN TN
Amanda B. 15 TN TN TN
Robert G. 13 TN TN TN
Alice R. 6
Freeman H. 5
Hattie V. 3
Sabilla 1
John C. WHITE 29 - SON - divorced -TN works in sawmill TN TN
Belle WHITE 5 TN granddaughter TN TN NC
George W. WHITE 5 months - grandson TN TN TN

This looks like the Ed White that married the Amanda PORTER in 1873 in Carroll Co., TN.
The William and John C. match the 1860 ones in Carroll Co.
Did Addie really marry in 1872 when she was only 12?
You decide if this is worth pursuing.

Re: White family in Gibson TN

Posted: 1 Jan 2003 3:01AM GMT
Edited: 6 Mar 2004 8:33PM GMT
Surnames: WHITE, PERRY
I checked www.familysearch.org and found A. K. PERRY married A. A. WHITE, Feb. 21, 1884 in Gibson Co., TN. I'm relieved that he didn't rob the cradle.

Dawn (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jan 2003 8:17PM GMT
Oops...Addie married in 1884. Well, I'm not sure if this is them, I'll look into it more just in case. If anything, they might be related some how.

Re: White family in Gibson TN

Dawn (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jan 2003 8:23PM GMT
LOL...that would have been bad!!! A.K. Perry was an Esquire / Justice of the Peace...I think they might have said something if Addie was only 12. LOL Sorry about that.

Joan Kuhlman (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2003 4:14AM GMT
Surnames: White, Monteith
I am researching Willis White family, wife Prudence, of Green County TN. Would like to correspond with others researching this family.

Posted: 3 Jan 2003 11:47PM GMT
Surnames: WHITE
When were your WHITE'S in Greene Co.? I too have WHITE'S in eastern TN, a marriage there in 1839.

Lori

Joan Kuhlman (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jan 2003 12:24AM GMT
Surnames: White Monteith
I go back to Willis White born circa 1806, married in Greene Co., TN on 1831 to Prudence Monteith. My direct line ancestor is Benjamin Abraham White, son of Willis/Prudence White My email # is rrskw@kci.net. Would love to correspond further with you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic