Search for content in message boards

Poole Family Maryland

Poole Family Maryland

Vikki Tillman (View posts)
Posted: 22 Apr 2001 10:36PM GMT
Just starting out researching my line in the Poole family. I don't have a lot of information on this line. All I have is Charles Alvin (or Alford/Alfred) Poole born 1893 died 1935. Any help would be great appreciated. Please e-mail me at VikkiT1016@cs.com. I can share the little bit of information I have.

Thank You,
Vikki

Poole family Md.

H.K. Poole (View posts)
Posted: 29 Apr 2001 10:12PM GMT
Vikki: I have some info about Pooles who immigrated about 1800, presumably through Baltimore. It was developed by my father, Hubert A. Poole. The sequence is:
Hubert A. Poole, born Wash. Co Md. 1906; Charles Lee Poole, born 1864 in Wash. Co; Daniel N Poole, born 1829 in Wash. Co. Daniel's father is thought to have been the immigrant and from England but no record of him has been found. I can send you a copy of the Family Tree Chart if you would like. There are no Tillmans on it. All of the info my father developed is on file in the
Washington County Historical Society in Hagerstown, Maryland. Dad also recorded it with the LDS Record Record Center although none of the family members are Mormons.

I have posted two entries on the Poole Family Bulletin Board, two pages prior to ours, but have had no replies. I'd be interested in anything you turn up and hope to hear from you. H.K. Poole

Poole family Md.

Vikki (View posts)
Posted: 30 Apr 2001 9:21AM GMT
Hello H.K.,

Thank you for responding to my post!!

I would be very interested in obtaining a copy of the family tree chart you have. I would be happy to send you what I have so far.

I received some very helpful information from another poster here (Andrea Poole Foster)and am very grateful to her!

I am planning a trip up to Hagerstown in the next few months to do some research and I think it's fantastic that your father shared the information he had with the Washington County Historical Society in Hagerstown, Maryland. I will definitely include that in my research.

My line also hails from the Hagerstown, MD area. The breakdown what I have so far is:
My Mom - Katherine Wiederock
Parents - Vivian L. Poole & George Wiederock
Parents - Charles A. Poole(B1891) and Olive M. Maugans
NOT CONFIMED YET - Parents - Lawson P. Poole (B1863) and Anna Ott
Parents - Martin L. Poole (B1832) and Maria Gladhill
Parents - William Pool and Mary Eckard

My email address is VikkiT1016@cs.com, please email me anytime and once again many thanks for responding and I look forward to hearing from you!

Best Regards,
Vikki

Poole family Md.

H.K. Poole (View posts)
Posted: 30 Apr 2001 10:17PM GMT
Hi Vikki! Thanx for your msg. I was mistaken about where my dad, Hubert A. Poole filed his material. He put it in the Western Maryland Room of the Washington County Library. The library is on Soutn Potomac Street in Hagerstown.

From names and lineage you included in our msg it looks like we are not related because the names and dates you have do not match what I have although some are close. My grandfather, Charles Lee Poole was born in 1864, and he had a brother, Martin Clayton Poole born in 1856. Close but not a match. There is/was another Poole family in the Hagestown area and you may be kin to them.

I will need your mailing address to send the family tree chart.

Let's stay in touch. HK

poole family

tiffany (View posts)
Posted: 3 May 2001 6:23PM GMT
tiffany marie pittman born 1967
mother:maureen ruth pittman born 1950
grandpa:walter freeman pittman born1922
great greandma:josephine marie poole born in maryland,08/18/1894 died in california in 01/09/1997.her parents are james henry poole born 12/31/1829 died 09/09/1913 and mary elizabeth fleetwood born 07/1/1856 died 07/17/1903. james henry poole, parents are,
john poole 05/16/1803-09-23-1883,
elizabeth 03/1810--06-02-1902,
john poole parents are,
levin pool 08/04/1776-06-04-1832,
elizabeth emmerson born 1781 died 10-20-1844,
levin pool parents are,
john pool born 1745,
aney wallis born 1750,
there are more i have here if need e-mail me at tiffanypittman@myfamily.com

Re: Poole family Md.

Posted: 23 Jun 2001 4:14AM GMT
Please send me your info on the Poole Family in Maryland My EMail is JMcmil9379@aol.com Would appreciate it . I do not know if this is the correct line or not but would love to see it. Thanks Jane

Vikki (View posts)
Posted: 13 Aug 2001 2:32PM GMT
Surnames: Pooles - Gouker
Thank you so much for your reply. I have to apologize for my delay in replying to you. I would greatly be interested in seeing your family file. My e-mail address is Vikkit1016@home.com I plan on getting up to the Gettysburgh - Hagerstown area one day to do more research. Would love to keep in touch with you.

All My Best,
Vikki

Posted: 19 Aug 2001 9:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
Please email me directly re: Maria Magdalene Gladhill Poole.

Lil' Jeanie (View posts)
Posted: 29 Dec 2001 4:18PM GMT
Surnames: Poole/Gladhill/Eckard/Ott/Kirschnick
Hi Vikki, it's Carol lol

I haven't been feeling too great which is why research is slooooooow. LoL...I am in contact with Charles' Poole's daughter in law Gloria. She has confirmed the stuff that we had unconfirmed re: Poole's.

I will email you what she sent. Lots of love and good wishes for your family. Write down my new email. Carol

Posted: 17 Jun 2003 3:22PM GMT
Martin Edward Poole born in either Bellsville, MD or Frederick Co., MD -- do you have any information?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions