Isaac E. Jones, Waldo, Marion Co., Ohio, 1868-1940
I have tracked my Jones line to 1868 in Waldo, Marion Co., Ohio with Isaac E. Jones but can get no farther. This is what I know about him and his descendants so far.
1. ISAAC E. JONES was born September 23, 1868 in Waldo, Marion Co., Ohio, and died July 08, 1940 (Laurens, SC). He married JENNIE WILLIAMS August 20, 1896 in Marion County, Ohio, daughter of Rev. GARVER WILLIAMS who officiated at their wedding.
She was born July 17, 1879 in Red Lion, Pennsylvania, and died July 07, 1931 in Laurens, SC.
Issac was a contractor and he moved his family from Ohio to South Carolina for better work opportunities. His son Garver was also a builder/contractor.
Children of ISAAC JONES and JENNIE WILLIAMS are:
2. i. GERALD CLYDE JONES, b. September 24, 1899, Waldo, Ohio; d. January 26, 1950, Athens, Georgia.
3. ii. REV. IRVING VICTOR JONES, (Dick) b. February 09, 1911, Mt. Pleasant, North Carolina; d. February 26, 2000, Laurens, South Carolina.
4. iii. CORNELIOUS GARVER JONES, b. August 21, 1898, Marion, Ohio; d. November 15, 1955, Startex, South Carolina.
5. iv. MERLIN J. JONES, (Mike) b. April 30, 1905.
6. v. BERNICE JONES, b. January 05, 1902, Waldo, Ohio; d. January 15, 1991.
7. vi. MARY JONES, b. July 12, 1908, Mt. Pleasant, North Carolina, d. September 11, 1990, Laurens City Cemetery, Laurens, South Carolina.
GERALD CLYDE JONES was born September 24, 1899 in Waldo, Ohio, and died January 26, 1950 in Athens, Georgia. He married CHESTER HUNTSINGER, daughter of EDGAR HUNTSINGER and PEARL EVANS. She was born January 26, 1908 in Spartanburg, Mississippi, and died September 09, 1985 in Athens, Georgia.
REV. IRVING VICTOR JONES was born February 09, 1911 in Mt. Pleasant, North Carolina, and died February 26, 2000 in Laurens, South Carolina. He married SELMA ROBINSON in 1930, daughter of WILLIAM ROBINSON and ETHEL CRAIN. She was born in Laurens County, SC, and died July 31, 2000 in Laurens, South Carolina.
CORNELIOUS GARVER JONES was born August 21, 1898 in Marion, Ohio, and died November 15, 1955 in Startex, South Carolina. He married LOREE CROW. She was born July 26, 1899, and died February 13, 1993 in Athens, Georgia.
MERLIN J. JONES, known as Mike, was born April 30, 1905. He married SARA UNKNOWN.
BERNICE JONES and MARY JONES never married.
In the 1860 OHIO STATE GAZATTEER AND BUSINESS DIRECTORY there is a Jones listed as town trustee. There is no first name listed, just "Jones -----, township trustee. Does anyone know who this man is? It seems likely that he could be related.
Thank you in advance for any help you can give. I've been watching the board for any links, but haven't posted for a long time.
Peggy Capwell Jacobs