Search for content in message boards

Nancy Lightfoot/William Jones KY>IN early 1800's

Nancy Lightfoot/William Jones KY>IN early 1800's

Posted: 31 Dec 2003 8:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Sep 2005 2:50AM GMT
Surnames: Jones, Lightfoot
I, and several of my cousins, are searching for our gg grandparents, Nancy Lightfoot and William Jones, who migrated from Kentucky to Indiana in the early 1800's. Not much is known other than they were in Connersville, Fayette County in May 1844 for the birth of their son, John Jones. Family stories, that have been handed down through the generations, say that William started out in North Carolina, but moved to Kentucky after having a violent arguement with a brother. In Kentucky (either Paducah or Pendleton County) he met Nancy Lightfoot. They were married along the way and found their way to Indiana. The family story also suggests that Nancy may have been of Native American descent, either Cherokee or Blackfoot.

If any of this sounds familiar or if anyone has any clues (no matter how sketchy), please contact me. Nancy Lightfoot and William Jones have been our brickwall for too many years.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Nancy Lightfoot/William Jones KY>IN early 1800's

Alice Heater (View posts)
Posted: 3 Aug 2004 11:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Sep 2006 2:16AM GMT
Surnames: Jones, Lightfoot
I am also searcing for William Jones and Nancy Lightfoot. I have thier children as - Joseph Harrison b Feb 12, 1832
Robert
Jonathan
Thaddeus
Looks like your John and my Jonathan might be the same.
Joseph Harrison m Mary Elizabeth Francis and they are my g grand parents.
Alice Heater
per page

Find a board about a specific topic