Search for content in message boards

Mr./Mrs. William Kelley, 50th Anniv. (1909, Pennington, NJ)

Mr./Mrs. William Kelley, 50th Anniv. (1909, Pennington, NJ)

Posted: 5 Mar 2007 3:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Asay, Kelley, Blackwell, Prall, Titus
Found this while researching Asay. Hope it helps someone.

KELLEYS OBSERVE GOLDEN WEDDING

Pennington Couple, Married Fifty Years, Will Enter Odd Fellow's Home.

Special to the Times.
PENNINGTON, Sept. 29.-- Mr. and Mrs. William Kelley, of this place, celebrated the fiftieth anniversary of their marriage yesterday, at the home of their son-in-law, Charles C. Titus, of North Main Street, where they received many congratulatory messages, post cards and flowers.

The couple were married September 28, 1839, at Mount Airy, by the Rev. Edwin Townes, pastor of the Mount Airy Church at that time. Mrs. Kelley's maiden name was Miss Emma Frances Prall, of Mt. Airy. Mr. Kelley's home was at Copper Hill. He has followed the blacksmith trade for the past fifty-five years, being stationed at Copper Hill, Larison's Corner, Ringoes, and Pennington. He was employed int he business of James R. Bergen of this place for thirty-five years.

Mr. Kelley has been a member of Odd Fellows' Lodge since November 8, 1866, in which organization he has taken an untiring interest. He has passed through the chairs three times, besides holding minor offices. He held the position of inside guardian twenty-two years.

Mr. and Mrs. Kelley have three children: Mrs. William Asay, of Red Bank; Andrew Kelley, of Trenton, and Mrs. Charles C. Titus, of this place. Mr. Kelly is of a family of ten children, seven of whom are living. Some have passed the eightieth mile stone. They are: Asher Kelley, of Wertsville; Mrs. Elizabeth Blackwell, of this place; George W. And Robert Kelley, of Trenton; Rufus Kelley, or Harbourton, and Augustus Kelley, of White House Station.

Owing to old age, Mr. and Mrs. Kelley have disposed of their home in the borough, and will enter the Odd Fellows' Home, Trenton, next week, to spend the remainder of life.

Source: Trenton Evening Times (Trenton, New Jersey) Wednesday, September 29, 1909

Re: Mr./Mrs. William Kelley, 50th Anniv. (1909, Pennington, NJ)

Posted: 1 Mar 2012 4:26AM GMT
Surnames: Titus, Johnson,Kelley,
Thanks for posting this Charles was my g grandfather so William was my gig grandfather anyone have info on either family contact me Lancaster, pa

Posted: 1 Mar 2012 4:37AM GMT
Surnames: Titus, Johnson,Kelley,
The date of marriage looks wrong maybe 1859

Posted: 1 Mar 2012 4:47AM GMT
Yes, it was 1859 in Hunterdon according to FamilySearch.org. Sorry about the error.

Posted: 1 Mar 2012 6:39AM GMT
JoMac53 are you related to Asy and Kelly contact me bctitus@verizon.net

Posted: 16 May 2012 7:49PM GMT
bctitus:

The Charles C titus mentioned in this anniversary notice may be the son of Samuel Titus and Elizabeth Hughes who lived in Pennington. Do you have any infor to confirm that, and anything to give Samuel's parents?

David Blackwell
Pennington, NJ

Posted: 16 May 2012 8:27PM GMT
Surnames: Asay, Kelley
bctitus, the William Asay of Red Bank mentioned in that article is my 1st cousin 4x removed - his grandfather and my 3rd great grandfather were brothers. I'm not related to the Kelley family.

Posted: 17 May 2012 4:33AM GMT
thank you William Kelly is my g g granfather thru Lydia and Charles

Posted: 17 May 2012 4:36AM GMT
I know Charles father was Samuel H. Titus
per page

Find a board about a specific topic